Organman

Stolen Bailey Pegasus Grande

8 hours ago, Organman said:

Here is an update from the owner of the caravan posted on FB

"It seemed if we did all the footwork and told them where the van was they (the police) "MAY" look into it. It's not just the van they take, it's memories, little things like the stuff that personalised the van, . . ."

Even if we pass on information the hands of the police are tied by financial restrictions.

8 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

This. becoming more common that members on FB and forums when sharing information and passing the theft on really does work and MH and caravans are found but the police are not to interested unless you present it on a plate .

I thought the idea is we fight crime TOGETHER  including the authorities ?

I wouldn't say the police are not interested but they are severely restricted by a lack of funding.

7 hours ago, Lozzyf said:

Over all ,no one WANTS their van back so sharing is pointless or am I being thick here ? 

The point is that whether the caravan is recovered or not, the thieves will NEVER be caught without police intervention!

7 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

We are all watching the insurance prices increase and caravans stolen with no repercussions to the thieves ?

How true - and the premiums will continue to increase as long as these thefts continue and the police do not (cannot?) respond positively and promptly to information received.

Lurkio.

1 hour ago, Lurkio said:

How true - and the premiums will continue to increase as long as these thefts continue and the police do not (cannot?) respond positively and promptly to information received.

I think it's because they are too busy managing road closures in Gloucestershire!!!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 03/11/2019 at 18:01, Babstreefern said:

Wait until you get your insurance quote for your new 'van.  Its eye watering, and you are the victim, although insurance companies think you staged it all

Depends who you are insured with. Six years ago we had total loss £14k insurance for new van with 4k extra cover, nearly doubled. Changed insurer and paid less than previous year.