Sign in to follow this  
Jofang

Hello from John & Yufang in the Dordogne. We retired here in 2015 with our Buccaneer Caravel, mainly due to weather, M6 lane closures and the rising cost of living. I see the weather in the UK is still rubbish and I'm told the M6 lane closures still continue, but with the inevitable spectre of Brexit on the horizon the exchange rate has gone south and it's now more expensive to live in France than in the UK.  But not to worry, we're warm & cozy and have Spain on our doorstep for when the white stuff falls from the sky, it really does snow here sometimes.

I do not want to sound unsympathetic,but we lived in France between 2007 and 2012 when the pound at times was at 1 to 1  thanks to Blair and Browns disastrous handling of the economy. Remember Brown preaching its all boom boom no bust ,yeah right.When we first went in 2007 the pound was worth 1.49 euros.

Edited by pete260
add text

4 hours ago, pete260 said:

I do not want to sound unsympathetic,but we lived in France between 2007 and 2012 when the pound at times was at 1 to 1  thanks to Blair and Browns disastrous handling of the economy. Remember Brown preaching its all boom boom no bust ,yeah right.When we first went in 2007 the pound was worth 1.49 euros.

Have you selectively forgotten the world wide recession?  Didn't you notice what happened to the economies in countries like Greece and Spain?  Were Blair and Brown responsible for them?

Hello Jofang and :welcome:

:welcome:  Jofang enjoy the forum, and to others, please do not turn this thread into a political one

Envious of you living in the Dordogne, we stay at Castelnaud la Chappelle and have done so since 1971, love the region

Edited by Les Medes

:welcome: to Caravan Talk Jofang.

Enjoy the forum.