unclefewst

power to swift challenger 480SE 2014 but no hot water or central heating

Hi, can anyone shed any light on this problem please, i have a swift challenger 480se which is parked down at my daughters near cambridge whilst she is having work done on her house, last week she and her husband were away with the children on half term, whilst away they had electricians in the house changing the consumer box to comply with current specs,  when she returned she had power to the van but the power symbol on the alde menu display was not alight, the lights to the fuse box under the bed are alight, sockets work, etc but no hot water and or central heating, any ideas anyone please   regards   Dave 

1st port of call would be to check the fuses for the ALDE system within the fuse box of your caravan.

thanks charlieboy,  are they the fuses that are under the black lid ontop of the ALDE system, do you know what rating they are,   

I think the fuses are located in the fusebox under a front settee-as to the ratings they are colour coded-a quick google search should help identify their amp rating.These noramlly control the 12 volt circuits.

My 1st response was slightly ,isleading-i meant the miniature circuit breakers-pthe one for the heating will possibly be off?

Sorry for the confusing response.

The mains supply is protected by the MCB on the main PSU. The 12 volt supply fuse is located on the boiler circuit board under the black plastic cover. Make sure you isolate all power before removing the cover. I believe it is a glass fuse rated at 12v, 3.15 A. This fuse is required for both gas and EHU operation whereas the MCB is only protection for mains operation.

Thanks LE--very WELL EXPLAINED!

I think I would check there actually was power to the caravan if electricians have been in the house by testing the sockets in the caravan or any 240v lighting and the control panel showing no 240v  power to the boiler. Could be a MCB on the house consumer unit not on or even as in my MIL disconnected her garage when fitting a new consumer unit .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

More to the point, if there is an outside socket being used for the caravan check the house power box. To stop an all-house blackout many sparkies now fit RCBOs which is effectively a single circuit RCD that replaces the MCB but only cuts off the live supply to that one circuit, i.e. single pole. When we had our kitchen extension fitted a few years ago this is what was fitted and I can tell you it is well worthwhile.

If it is an RCBO it will have a test button the same as an RCD does.

On our Swift, (2017 Sprite Major), every time we disconnect the mains feed, the heating/hot water RCD trips. Everything else works, just check your RCDs are in the ON position.