Sign in to follow this  
Philipwil

I got a Huawei e5577c and a 4g xpol -a0002 lte antennae how do I connect them to each other

Hi at my caravan site no internet and bad Mobil reception so I got a Huawei e5577c and a 4g xpol -a0002 lte antennae how do I connect them to each other I was told to get a ts9 cable tried that and now good can you help Phil  

If you've got bad mobile reception, how is the Huawei going to help as it is a mobile device?

21 hours ago, Philipwil said:

Hi at my caravan site no internet and bad Mobil reception so I got a Huawei e5577c and a 4g xpol -a0002 lte antennae how do I connect them to each other I was told to get a ts9 cable tried that and now good can you help Phil  

Unless I am looking at the wrong mifi product, your 5577c does not have connections (2 circular connections on the edge of the device) for an antenna.  An antenna will help 'improve' reception but you would need a different mifi device and it can only improve if there is something there to improve on!

Edited by SamD

I use the same mifi. It only has a charging port - no aerial connect. I usually find that it is excellent. In very weak areas I have always got a signal by propping behind the window locking on one of the windows. What network are you using.

Edited to say I was wrong. See Montesa post beneath. Well would you Adam and Eve it. I should have read the manual!

Edited by Easy T
Wrong Info given

FWIW ....

Maybe I'm mistaken but .....

I also have the Huawei e5577c, and its in front of me now as I type and have checked model code is same.

On mine, next to the charging socket is a small rectangular black panel which clips up and reveals the two circular booster aerial sockets.

I have a secondary mobile panel type aerial on a sucker which I usually put inside onto the sunroof front panel which so far has a 100% success rate at getting me a signal in a weak or no phone area. 

Quote from detail :-

"The benefit of the Huawei E5577 is that is has two TS9 external antenna connections, for connection with our true MIMO Window Mounted Antenna for the best possible 4G speeds."

https://www.motorhomewifi.com/product/4g-mimo-window-mount-antenna/

Edited by montesa

Just checked mine Monesa ........ so there is. I apologise to Philip.

1 minute ago, Easy T said:

Just checked mine Monesa ........ so there is. I apologise to Philip.

Thank you.

Montesa

More to the point this antenna is supplied with SMA connectors so it will require 2x TS9-SMA adapters which the OP does not mention.

I would suggest it is not worth having the antenna. Placing the mifi unit in a rooflight is often quite effective as is placing it against a window in the direction of the nearest cell mast. If the caravan is aluminium bodied then it is close to being a Faraday Cage so the mifi outside is a good idea. Place it in the car next to the caravan again in a position such that it gets a decent signal from the phone system and a laptop or similar will work inside the caravan quite well - range is 10-15ft in most applications.

The OP says 'poor mobile' but presumably that is on his present service provider - but there are four so there's always a possibility of a good signal from a different provider. The OP should look at the OfCom coverage page to see what the other SPs can offer.

As a point of interest to all readers, it does not follow that if 4G is present at a location from one SP then it will be available from all four. We go to a CL which has 4G from VF and O2 from an electricity pylon site about 700m away, and EE and 3 from a 3 site about 1Km in the opposite direction, both line of sight. However whilst O2, VF and EE all provide 4G, 3 does not giving 3G only. Clearly their business model defined that there is insufficient 4G demand in the area to justify upgrading the site. Strange given that the 'modification' to provide 4G is not too onerous and EE and 3 share transport links or fibre through their joint MBNL operation. There must be plenty of business as there is almost no fibre Internet locally, and landline speeds are frighteningly slow - typically 1.5-3.5Mbps.

We were away earlier this year in Lincolnshire - no wifi and no mobile coverage - bliss

• Like 1