Sign in to follow this  
Les Duff

Damp interior wall

I have a 2005 Willerby Aspen 3 bedroom and the interior wall in the rear double bedroom has a small dark patch which feels damp. I have checked the outside panelling directly behind the damp patch and it is not showing any signs of leaks or breaks in cladding. I also checked the guttering on the roof and there are no untoward signs of leaks/ blockages .

I can figure out how its damp at that one patch at floor level in back bedroom.

Damp can get in through gaps which are too small to see in any joint.

It then seeps down by gravity and horizontally by capillary action, so the leak could be quite a way from the damp patch.

It can also affect a much bigger area than is immediately apparent. I suggest you buy a cheap (under a tenner) damp meter and see how much of the caravan is affected.

I would lift the carpet at the bottom of the wall below the damp patch and see if water is getting in high up and running down inside the wall. We had this in a static and it turned out the roofing felt under the tiles had not gone all the way over the end. It was fixed by sticking flashband over the edge of the tiles from the apex down to the gutter.