Trauma Hot Water Fuse

wolfgang1983

Hi, I am in NZ

I would like to know if any one knows where there is a little  fuse somewhere in my 10lt truma hot water I have found the one on the outside underneath the plug but there should be another one somewhere I am told.

Because the electric side not heating up water just would like to check fuse before I spend big dollars on element.

My caravan is Baileys Senator Louisiana 

Thanks all for advice this forum has been great.

What model is it?  Someone will have a manual that shows its location.  It's Truma but I like the title!

Their international helpline is +49 (0) 89 4617-2020  (Germany)

Is this your heater?  You can download the instruction manual which shows where the internal fuse is

https://www.truma.com/int/en/products/truma-water-systems/truma-boiler-water-heater.html

fuse.jpg

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, kelper said:

What model is it?  Someone will have a manual that shows its location.  It's Truma but I like the title!

Just took the manual home to parents place. I will be lifting seat up tomorrow 

Sorry the title spelling mistake

Edited by wolfgang1983

If you have the same brown switch with the 10A fuse as detailed here then you would be well advised to  change it and if you have the same switch on you heating, change that too., because that will be the cause of your problem.

• Like 1

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

18 minutes ago, Wunny said:

If you have the same brown switch with the 10A fuse as detailed here then you would be well advised to  change it and if you have the same switch on you heating, change that too., because that will be the cause of your problem.

I all ready know that one as said in first post. I have checked that works fine.

Is there a reset button on the heater ?

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

5 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

Is there a reset button on the heater ?

Dave

Thanks Dave will look tomorrow not sure.

25 minutes ago, wolfgang1983 said:

I all ready know that one as said in first post. I have checked that works fine.

How did you check the switch?  A multimeter will not show that the switch fails under load conditions.  The switches work intermittently for a while, until the contacts burn out, the fuse is unaffected.   I would recommend that you change the switch anyway for a domestic type of switched spur.  230/240 Volt 13 Amp if the physical sizes are the same, I think they are and are available from here, although they are cheaper from an electrical supplies outlet such as RS New Zealand although the colour may not be the same.

• Like 1

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

4 minutes ago, Wunny said:

How did you check the switch?  A multimeter will not show that the switch fails under load conditions.  The switches work intermittently for a while, until the contacts burn out, the fuse is unaffected.   I would recommend that you change the switch anyway for a domestic type of switched spur.  230/240 Volt 13 Amp if the physical sizes are the same, I think they are and are available from here, although they are cheaper from an electrical supplies outlet such as RS New Zealand although the colour may not be the same.

Yes my dad checked with a volt meter and worked fine