Hello I am located in the North West near to Wigan and am  wondering about stay and leave sites.  Somewhere you can stay for a night or two that are happy for you to leave your van and come back the following weekend, for a fee of course. One we stayed at recently was Park Cliffe. Within 70 or so miles of me decent facilities and open all year round. Thanks in advance. Steve 

Some sites offer a storage and tow service and a seasonal pitch but leaving a caravan on a pitch for a week means the site owner is loosing revenue .

I was on a site in North Wales ( Parc Isaf Farm,  near Llanbedr just south of Harlech) a few years back and they had several people stay and leave whilst we were there. I believe that they charged a reduced fee for the weekday nights when there was no one there but not sure how much. We'd just stopped for the week. So they are (were) out there but no telling if they still do?

It was a small "commercial" site not associated with the "Big 2" but fabulous views :) of the coastline and Morfa Dyffryn  :D    

Jim 

Those where the vans are left unused on pitches create IMO a wholly negative site abience, possibly killing much of their more normal touring trade?

I have noticed a few sites offering this but have never taken note. I used to leave my caravan on a site 70 miles away when I was on my own and working. I used to go up every 2 or 3 weeks for a 3 or 4 night break. That was however a one off bargain. The owner used to store in his compound free of charge

36 minutes ago, JTQ said:

Those where the vans are left unused on pitches create IMO a wholly negative site abience, possibly killing much of their more normal touring trade?

Too many seasonals on a small site do give that impression sometimes

21 hours ago, stephendutton63 said:

Somewhere you can stay for a night or two that are happy for you to leave your van and come back the following weekend, for a fee of course.

There are loads of Caravan Club sites where you can do that.   https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/globalassets/pdfs/content/uk-holidays/Seasonal--Storage-pitches/CMC-seasonal-facilities-prices-and-booking-form.pdf

I found  many sites will allow you to leave the caravan on site for up to 5 days( caravan club up to 3 days) with a fee of course if you ask the warden, the most I have paid on commercial site is £10 per day and caravan club site the pitch fee per day.

Edited by oldboy

19 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

leaving a caravan on a pitch for a week means the site owner is loosing revenue .

You're assuming that the site would be otherwise fully booked through the whole of the week. 

3 hours ago, Flying Grandad said:

You're assuming that the site would be otherwise fully booked through the whole of the week. 

Exactly that, I was charged £7 per day, and the full fee for one night stay when i went back, money they probably wouldn't have taken otherwise.