33 minutes ago, Easy T said:

I can see the problem - putting stuff into boxes at the front every time you travel.

Most of the 'stuff' at the front of the caravan, such as the spare wheel, levelling gear and the EHU cable in the front locker, the satellite gear, the chairs and the table that go inside the awning is always there and doesn't have to be loaded every time I travel.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm just thinking about the days, over 30 years ago, when if we wanted something we just threw it in.

Your better off loading the car with heavy items and with a caravan having about 100 kg after a battery and mover is deducted from payload . Cutlery and crockery ,clothes,bedding personal items your b

Whilst I agree totally with most comments on this thread I strongly feel that noseweight is extremely important. During the last 10 years I have towed with the following cars, VW Passat estate, VW Tig

Posted Images

Works for you perhaps but not for me. No awning or satellite dish and chairs in the car along with tables which stay there until required on site or, occasionally, used whilst off site. As the tow car is mainly for that it stays packed for touring. If I needed to put weight forwards I am afraid that OH's wardrobe would provide the solution :)

Edited by Easy T

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Whilst I agree totally with most comments on this thread I strongly feel that noseweight is extremely important. During the last 10 years I have towed with the following cars, VW Passat estate, VW Tiguan, Hyundai Santa Fe, Mazda CX-5, Briefly a SsanYong pickup and now a Kia Sportage. All except the Passat were 4 or All wheel drive and at least 2 litre. I pulled 2 caravans a Compass Omega 1550 kegs MTPLM and a Bailey Pegasus. Almost without exception I have found that the caravans towed much better with the noseweight close to the max permitted. Of course this is not the only factor I'm fastidious about tyre pressures and keeping heavier items that are in the caravan low and near the axle. Fortunately the gas bottles in the Bailey are close to the axle also. I also feel that the caravans towed better I.e. were more stable with a reasonable amount of weight. 

Just my opinion of course.

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 1
9 hours ago, Omega54 said:

Whilst I agree totally with most comments on this thread I strongly feel that noseweight is extremely important. 

Just my opinion of course.

A very valid and correct opinion nevertheless.

9 hours ago, Omega54 said:

Whilst I agree totally with most comments on this thread I strongly feel that noseweight is extremely important. 

That is again good information . I too am towing a Bailey Pegasus and am deliberately trying to keep it fairly light. I did have the thought whilst towing the other day, that it must be fairly subjective, i mentioned to my better half that unless someone with years of experience were to jump into the drivers seat and give their opinion on how it was driving, then i am merely trying to find a comfortable place for myself. I do however feel reasonably confident when towing. 

I hope that made some kind of sense, but i am going to continue to experiment with loading configurations.