Wunny

Storing the microwave turntable plate,

I store mine in the front corner behind seat cushions.  It keeps it nice and safe.

microwave plate storage.jpg

in the sink under the bowl

In between other plates - stored flat, wrapped in a J-cloth. I also secure the microwave by wedging a rubber mat in the gap, because it does have a tendency to slide within its housing. The kitchen roll top and bottom stops the door rubbing the metal during transit. All learned from past experiences!

669CA492-4D5E-4EF6-BD56-36449AB7AFD2.jpeg

Stored in the microwave where it is used.

Many vans and thousands of miles with no problem.

Ian

• Like 1

Bubble wrap under the bed in a storage box.

• +1 1

7 minutes ago, IanV8 said:

Ian

same here. Microwave came with a piece of polystyrene to wedge turntable place. The polystyrene fits between glass turntable and the inside of the roof of the microwave.

Op's solution is also a good one

macafee2

• +1 1

Having had a microwave plate smashed when it fell out of the microwave during a tow some years ago I now place ours on the front seat under one of the cushions. 

We both know it's there and it gets placed back in the microwave as one of the first jobs when we arrive on site/home.

49 minutes ago, Glen and Les said:

In between other plates - stored flat, wrapped in a J-cloth. I also secure the microwave by wedging a rubber mat in the gap, because it does have a tendency to slide within its housing. The kitchen roll top and bottom stops the door rubbing the metal during transit. All learned from past experiences!

669CA492-4D5E-4EF6-BD56-36449AB7AFD2.jpeg

Your microwave is loose?  That cannot be right, it should be screwed into its housing surely.  All of mine have had screws through the bottom of the housing and into the microwave base.

Ours goes in the front drawer unit with the tea towels and table mats

• +1 2

Wedged in the plate rack with a bit of kitchen roll..

In the microwave.

• Like 1

We keep ours in a drawer under microwave. Probably used 4 or 5 times in in around 120 nights

Wrapped in a tea towel and in the plastic bowl in the sink when travelling.

In its original cardboard sleeve, squished along with the chopping board, collapsible drainer, draining board and sink cover, all in the narrow cupboard that houses the folding table in its brackets.

Edited by Susan D

Forgot to close the microwave on my last return trip,, the plate bounced out broke, £25 for a new one, mine will be travelling the same as the OP in future.

• Like 1

In the microwave with a cushion shoved in to stop it moving.

In a draw, but I do like the OP’s method.  Simple, clear to see, safe.

John

• Like 1

I had a bubble wrap 'bag' from some online purchase which happened to be about the same size of the plate. I put the plate in the bubble wrap bag with the turntable platter on top and put it back in the microwave. If I don't use the microwave I haven't got to move the plate. 

Alternatively, you can buy one from here: https://bags4everything.co.uk/product/microwave-plate-bag/

Edited by Custard Avenger

5 hours ago, IanV8 said:

Ian

+1

5 hours ago, Wunny said:

Your microwave is loose?  That cannot be right, it should be screwed into its housing surely.  All of mine have had screws through the bottom of the housing and into the microwave base.

Sadly yes. We’ve had 2 Coachmans and in each one the microwave is just wedged in with wooden struts - one above to stop it rising and one in front/behind. There must be some on the side too, but we find it slides to the left and then the door catches on the trim. Wedging the rubber in stops it moving. The microwave in a previous Bailey Pegasus was screwed in.

In the microwave with a cushion to jam it in

It’s never crossed my mind to remove the turntable from our microwave.  7 years and well over 20,000miles with this caravan and it’s not come out of the microwave once during travel. It always becomes dislodged from its running groove, requiring reseating on arrival at site.

Have to say I would be disinclined to caravan if I had to resort to some of the levels of fitment dispersal I read about, every time I needed to tow.

Don’t store it in the microwave , 1st speedbump or pothole will dislodge it & the door will open ........ my wife stores ours under my pillow , I always find it the 1st night away 😡😡😙

I made a block of hard white poly foam type packing, cut to slip between plate and inside roof of M/W, stays there until we need to use it then lives in shelf in cupboard, simply refit before moving on. Pity van is not at home as I could have added photo. 🤨

Edited by kiaboy

In the bed surrounded by the quilt and pillows