Jump to content
Dandle

2018 VIP 575 main control panel.

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 Just wanted to ask other owners of VIP 2018 onward caravans how their control panels work. The owners manual say that it is the Seattle control panel fitted to these vans but mine like many of the caravans that are in the reviews don't have the same control panel but one with different button layouts as in the picture I've attached.

 

I don't think its faulty but maybe a cut down version of the Seattle one in the owners manual. Do any of you with this control panel get any information about mains power supply when connected or the vehicle battery when thats connected as all i can see if the caravan leisure battery information when the panel is both on and off regardless of what supply is connected.

 Also when you car is connected and assuming you have ignition live on your towbars do you need to keep the master control on when the car is connected? Mine does have to have it on and after a few seconds it pops the message up "Engine running" then disconnects the lights and gives a warning along the line of "reduced electrical consumers". At this point the caravan fridge alarm goes off (which is on before the engine starts). My old caravan the thetford fridge was powered off the cars 12v ignition supply even with the caravan master switch off.

 

It seems weird behaviour and I just want to know how other peoples works.

Coachman control panel.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dandle said:

Hi all,

 Just wanted to ask other owners of VIP 2018 onward caravans how their control panels work. The owners manual say that it is the Seattle control panel fitted to these vans but mine like many of the caravans that are in the reviews don't have the same control panel but one with different button layouts as in the picture I've attached.

 

I don't think its faulty but maybe a cut down version of the Seattle one in the owners manual. Do any of you with this control panel get any information about mains power supply when connected or the vehicle battery when thats connected as all i can see if the caravan leisure battery information when the panel is both on and off regardless of what supply is connected.

 Also when you car is connected and assuming you have ignition live on your towbars do you need to keep the master control on when the car is connected? Mine does have to have it on and after a few seconds it pops the message up "Engine running" then disconnects the lights and gives a warning along the line of "reduced electrical consumers". At this point the caravan fridge alarm goes off (which is on before the engine starts). My old caravan the thetford fridge was powered off the cars 12v ignition supply even with the caravan master switch off.

 

It seems weird behaviour and I just want to know how other peoples works.

Coachman control panel.jpg

Same panel as mine. I have turned all the notifications off, that way you do not have to keep "accepting" the notifications. The unit if left on will switch from onboard battery to car battery automatically, you should see a little lock symbol top left corner when it is connected to car and engine running, when that switches off you will see a L for leisure battery, our 2019 and 2020 model VIP will keep the system set to lock if stopping for approx 15mins so not allowing the fridge to search for gas whilst it might be on a fuel forecourt. 

Hths

Kb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update, that's great information. Have you found a user manual for the panel at all or learnt this from experience?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dandle said:

Thanks for the update, that's great information. Have you found a user manual for the panel at all or learnt this from experience?

This is the 3rd van we have had with this panel, I found out by pressing buttons. The new manual for 2020 models are not in the handover pack, but are due out to dealers soon along with the service booklet. I am sure I have read it on the downloaded draft, that Coachman have put on their website, will be worth looking there. Just checked manual, pages 45 - 50 are worth looking at

KB

Edited by kiaboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. I found the new 2020 manual now shows the pa el we have in the pictures now. Its the same writeup thought about monitoring vehicle, leisure battery and mains current etc. I guess these aren't included features though.

 

Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dandle, same panel as mine. Posted an electrical fault with my caravan recently and trying to narrow the issue down to get a fix. Out of interest, when you operate the on/off button, do you notice any momentarily flashing of internal lights or the Alde controller? Note: this is with the pump/lights etc in the off position.

Thanks

Dave 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I get the same thing a momentary flash of the lights even if they are off as power is applied.

  • +1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Dandle said:

Yes I get the same thing a momentary flash of the lights even if they are off as power is applied.

Turning master switch on/off on mine the Alde screen flashes but not the lights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What firmware do you guys have on your panels? Mine is at 4.0.5.

 

My lights definitely all flash very briefly but I can't remember if it when both powering the master on and off or just one way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dandle, Kiaboy, many thanks for your responses. Looks like it's back to the drawing board for me:(. I will check the panel when I next visit the van to see what version I have.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dandle said:

What firmware do you guys have on your panels? Mine is at 4.0.5.

 

My lights definitely all flash very briefly but I can't remember if it when both powering the master on and off or just one way. 

Sorry Dandle, can't answer that at moment, as van is back in storage, but next visit I will check, but it might be a while (unless I get another false alarm from the alarm and Phantom call me at 03.30 again) :rolleyes:, then I will have to make a specific trip to check in case its been tampered with...

 

 

Dandle, just checking your photo of the panel again and I notice you do not have an icon at the top left corner showing an "L" indicating your leisure battery is connected!!

Edited by kiaboy
posts merged

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/10/2019 at 14:59, Dandle said:

What firmware do you guys have on your panels? Mine is at 4.0.5.

 

My lights definitely all flash very briefly but I can't remember if it when both powering the master on and off or just one way. 

Dandle, just been up to van today and firmware version is 4.0.8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's interesting. I wonder what improvements the latter firmware provides. 

 

My alde panel also momentarily flashes when power is applied. 

 

I'll just post a couple of pictures of the status panel when the cars ignition is connected for anyone looking in the future. 

20191029_093002~01.jpg

20191029_093108~01.jpg

20191029_093112~01.jpg

20191029_093117~01.jpg

Edited by Dandle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My panel shows the leisure battery connected on the top left side, just one improvement. Not sure what the small LED is for at the bottom right of the panel though..

20191030_100402.thumb.jpg.3dc5bcd2bee94bcffe66c2e2a153ef40.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...