Sunnyb

Stopover near Zaragoza - advice please?

At the end of the month we'll be travelling with our caravan and two dogs from Bilbao  to southern Spain so we're  looking for advice as to where to park up for the night, preferably around Zaragoza. Have looked at the Municipal site, which is  rather pricy for an overnight stop, plus 50% of the reviews are awful! Would anyone know about the site at Carinena https://www.areasac.es/carinena/zaragoza/carinena_3762_1_ap.html Just wondered if they accept caravans or if its just for motorhomes?  I did spot a nice park, which I believe is part of Zaragoza's  amusement park,  but sadly its only for motorhomes. Seriously wondering now if a MH is more suited for European travel?!

The Council site at Zaragoza is OK and yes - it is pricey compared with some others.   As far as I know, there's no alternative (at least in the winter months)   On the route there are two other sites which I used but both are some distance from Zargoza.   There's lot's to see in the district.   See my blog here for details.

You say you are heading for southern Spain so if you don't fancy Zaragoza you can go via Madrid if you prefer. Is that an alternative for you? 

The site at Zaragoza is okay as we used it last year however pitches are tight if you have a twin axle.

Agree with the above posts. Camping Cuidad Zaragoza is a doddle to get in and out of, has clean showers, security, flat pitches so a bit pricey but good for a relaxing overnight stop. Very little mileage detour from the direct route. We didn't find the pitches tight there however the site may have altered recently. Alternatively you could go just north of Madrid to La Cabrera or Riaza. Both good overnight stops but Riaza has nice clean showers etc and we preferred it to the rather rustic la Cabrera. This route is quite good if you are heading down to Alicante or further South East, and doesn't add much time/mileage. 

We've used Camping Zaragoza a few times and wanted a change so we stopped at Camping Saviñan Park. Its a very good, shaded, terraced site and our 8m caravan went in with no problems.

The only downside is that it adds at least 45 mins to the route.

So, if you are in a hurry use Zaragoza.

We wouldnt choose to stay in a MH park, we'd rather see trees and grass/gravel than tarmac!