Jump to content
Rosie1234

Lunar Automotive are there still issues?

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Wildwood said:

I have to agree I would now be asking for my money back. Legally the situation is a little unclear, as there will be nothing in the contract to say the caravan must be delivered by a certain date. That means you fall back on a reasonable time for delivery, but that is not defined but by now it looks unreasonable.

I would write to the dealer and say that the delay is unreasonable and unless the caravan is delivered by say 14 days, from the date of the letter or e mail, you will regard the dealer as being in breach of the contract and require your deposit back. I would write by registered delivery to be sure you can show receipt. If the caravan does not arrive and the dealer refuses to repay the deposit and this was paid by credit card, go to the card issuer for your money back.

Given the current state of Lunar, I think in your position I would rather go elsewhere as the future is unclear, and like us you could be left with a caravan with no guarantee.

I don't think there is any need to wait 14 days to raise a S75 with the card provider as a more than a reasonable time had passed.  I think the loose definition of "reasonable" is the time any reasonable person would expect to wait.  If this is the issue now imagine the issues if spares are required.  TBH your best bet is to get your deposit back and walk away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hp100425ev said:

All of this doesn't give much confidence in Lunar Automotive.

I had concerns about changing our 2017 Lunar for a new Lunar Automotive one and decided to hold fire for 12 months to make sure they were still in existence at that time.

Beginning to wonder whether they will ever make it out of the starting blocks now.

I know there are other makes, but cant find anything to suit as much as our Clubman does. Our requirement to have a large enough work surface by the door to place the tv on rules substantially more vans out these days than in.

In deciding to keep it longer than we normally would, have taken out an extended warranty with MG&B Insurance.

 

Certainly agree with you on that point , the new owners don’t seem to be pushing the new vans very much , the website hasn’t changed  at all . I did see somewhere that Robinsons are having a special edition of the new Taurus vans & the Clubman , time will tell .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, stevew1 said:

 

Certainly agree with you on that point , the new owners don’t seem to be pushing the new vans very much , the website hasn’t changed  at all . I did see somewhere that Robinsons are having a special edition of the new Taurus vans & the Clubman , time will tell .

It is usual, for takeovers, buyouts and new businesses etc. to be ruled initially by blind optimism! Promises and claims made should be looked on as aims and taken with a very large pinch of salt.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/10/2019 at 16:02, Fenester said:

Would finance companies wish to  risk fund stocking finance on assets that have warranty and maintenance issues due to a financially weak or brand stressed  manufacturer?  They may be concerned that the  situation may create unacceptable risk within the borrowing dealership - the risk being that the dealer cannot shift the stock and pay back the debt? If the dealer goes bust as a consequence  then repossessing a load of potentially difficult to sell caravans isn't much use.

 

Interesting question, the finance company certainly wouldn't risk it for a dealer if the dealer was financially unstable, so I would make the same assumption it could be the same for a manufacture.

 

I think there's always that comment of "everything sells eventually", though who knows how long that would take, if a dealer that sells any new product goes bust, the manufacture are obligated to take the vehicles back (despite them being "technically" owned by the finance company), not sure this would work if the manufacture can afford to take them back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Caravantech said:

 

Interesting question, the finance company certainly wouldn't risk it for a dealer if the dealer was financially unstable, so I would make the same assumption it could be the same for a manufacture.

 

I think there's always that comment of "everything sells eventually", though who knows how long that would take, if a dealer that sells any new product goes bust, the manufacture are obligated to take the vehicles back (despite them being "technically" owned by the finance company), not sure this would work if the manufacture can afford to take them back!

 

Everything sells eventually - but at what price, they're usually discounted repeatedly until they do sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Black Grouse said:

 

Everything sells eventually - but at what price, they're usually discounted repeatedly until they do sell.

 

well exactly, but the finance company/manufacture would only worry about this if the dealer becomes financially unstable, and cannot shift the stock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/11/2019 at 11:36, Durbanite said:

I don't think there is any need to wait 14 days to raise a S75 with the card provider as a more than a reasonable time had passed.  I think the loose definition of "reasonable" is the time any reasonable person would expect to wait.  If this is the issue now imagine the issues if spares are required.  TBH your best bet is to get your deposit back and walk away.

 

Basically you do need to stipulate a date if there is none in the contract. Once that has passed and provided it is reasonable, you need first to go to the dealer and only if they fail to repay can you go to the card provider The card provider will not pay out until you have shown a breach of the sales contract. You can let them know the position though, if you feel it might speed things up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still seemingly no update from Lunar Automotive since the small peek/preview a while ago now?  Anyone have any updates?  Web site still has the old Lunar models, including Venus (now gone under the new co.) and their motorhomes....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...