Sign in to follow this  
Ex-Gasman

So lucky

We tried to book a pitch for this weekend on a site in Poole but they were fully booked, so we booked for next weekend instead, and now it's rained all weekend, so glad we did not get in, but feel a bit sorry for the people who did.

Edited by JanandJay
***** removed

We're at Southport CMC site and some areas are waterlogged. All grassed areas are like a bog.

2019-10-12 19.17.37.jpg

Edited by GaryB1969

But no grass pitches 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, GaryB1969 said:

We're at Southport CMC site and some areas are waterlogged. All grassed areas are like a bog.

2019-10-12 19.17.37.jpg

We were at Keswick C&CC last week.  It's a large site and it looked very much like that over large swathes of the grassed areas.   The grass corners of of many hardstandings were seriously churned up too with vehicles getting on and off their pitches and a flood alert was in force for the whole week as the lake level was very high.

Some hardstandings were out of use and I believe the site had closed to tents.

It was like that a few weeks ago when I was there at Southport . We had lovely weather and it was dry and I noticed the warden put a cone down on the near pitch and that night we had a heavy down pour from Hurricane Lorenzo and next day it was obvious why with the pool of water .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

57 minutes ago, Easy T said:

But no grass pitches 

Correct, but but even some of the hardstandings are flooded.

We’re halfway through a 10 night stay on the Isle of Wight. Wettest trip we’ve had so far in the 4 years we’ve had a caravan, the whole place is a quagmire as soon as you step off the roads. 

Not ideal when we came here with 2 dogs mostly to walk the coastal path. Last 2 days have been a complete washout, looks like it’s not going to get better until Tuesday, and even then, not great.

Which site are you on?

I was looking at the 16 day forecast for the Island and it is not good !!

The first dry day at the moment is 19th October.

However, that will probably change  as we tend to have our own Eco System, being an Island.

Edited by Brecon

28 minutes ago, Brecon said:

Which site are you on?

I was looking at the 16 day forecast for the Island and it is not good !!

The first dry day at the moment is 19th October.

However, that will probably change  as we tend to have our own Eco System, being an Island.

Appuldurcombe Gardens. Lovely spot, if a bit soggy. 

Yes, I know the site very well, and just how awful it is when wet.

Unfortunately most of the island is clay and blue slipper so the rain has nowhere to drain to , making some sites, especially those with steep pitches or roads, quite difficult to get on or off.

We are at Moon & Sixpence in Suffolk and so far the pitches are ok just a bit soggy!! More concerned about taking down a wet awning on Monday!!..

we were booked to go away but I cancelled it as one of the dogs has to have some teeth out, not cheap. We are still hopeful for an Indian summer, anyone know if it may happen. the long range doesn't look too promising . Today we should have had storms all day  but the sun is shining and we had one shower around lunchtime. The weather forecast doesn't seem as accurate nowadays, I'll have to go back to using the seaweed.