Pegasus Grande alarm part 2

Further info, contacted dealer who said you have to sign up to tracker to get free three months, so it's not really free! Also have just found that again in the brochure it says all Pegasus Grande are fitted with Alko wheel lock receiver, it isn't. When I first enquired about an Alko wheel lock the price put me off, so I bought an approved wheel clamp. When I informed the insurance company my premium rise by £144!! I then managed to get a second hand Alko, ( this was before I knew the caravan didn't take one) so am really mad and out of pocket. The dealer insists it is fitted, so I will be calling in next week, when I'm sure I'll be told the brochure is wrong but they can fit one for a no doubt vast some of money. Who said a caravan gives cheap holidays?

Hi again.  Our Grande Messina definitely has an Akko receiver on the rear of the twin wheels on the near side.  Yes the tracker is only free for 3 months but we knew that both from previous experience and the dealer told us.

Suggest you shop around for insurance as not all companies insist on the Alko lock.

Alko receivers are only fitted to twin axle model Pegasus grande's (which it does state in the brochure), as mentioned the Tracker on all Baileys fitted as standard you r get the first 3 months from registration FOC (which should be registered by the dealer really) then its chargable from that point onwards.

Seems excessive for your insurance premium to go up by that much, not tried a different insurer? 

As for the Al-ko receiver, it can be fitted, from memory the receiver is about £100 for the part, and roughly about 30mins to fit, I assume the second hand Al-ko lock you have is for your specific wheel design?

Agreed Tracker is only free for three months, but then you have a choice of an annual subscription or a once off payment that lasts as long as you own the van - and its only about the cost of two subs. Do shop around though as you might be able to get it cheaper through the cc or C&CC.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville