Jiffy176

Water Park Sites in the Vendee

Hi all.

I've always fancied going to Pin Parasol for our summer hols but looking at pitch fees it would be nearly a thousand euros for two weeks.

Does anyone know or has been to any other sites in the Vendee that have an excellent water park?

Thanks

CampingFrance.com lists 189 campsites across France with water parks and 19 of them are down the Vendee coast.  Your choice !

I'd like some personal experience if anyone has been to any. We are stuck to school holidays.

I know Pin is raved about but am struggling to justify nearly a grand in pitch fees. Where we stayed this year had excellent facilities and was nowhere near that price.

Le Littoral, it’s a Sandaya site - we went this year and two years ago (when it was Yelloh Village) and it’s absolutely fantastic - no down sides at all. In fact it’s better now it’s Sandaya, the only chain I’ve seen who genuinely take pool safety seriously and the toilet blocks have all been superbly refurbished.

All pitches have water and waste, a picnic table and are a good size with a few extra large pitches. 14 nights in August is £644.

Excellent location too, it’s by the sea but there is no beach to speak of next to the site

We will definitely go back but won’t be there in 2020 as we fancy southern Brittany for a change having done the Vendée and Charente Maritime one way or another for every year since 2012 (apart from 2014). I might miss the weather!

La ferme du Latois is close by Pin Parasol if you want to be in that area.  It gets excellent reports - we have been to another site owned and run by that Dutch company which was very good but not that one - so it might be one for you to look at. The Dutch usually run very good sites. 

18 hours ago, moorgate said:

La ferme du Latois is close by Pin Parasol if you want to be in that area.  It gets excellent reports - we have been to another site owned and run by that Dutch company which was very good but not that one - so it might be one for you to look at. The Dutch usually run very good sites. 

Good shout that and the price is much more agreeable!!

21 hours ago, Jiffy176 said:

I'd like some personal experience if anyone has been to any. We are stuck to school holidays.

I know Pin is raved about but am struggling to justify nearly a grand in pitch fees. Where we stayed this year had excellent facilities and was nowhere near that price.

If you liked it so much and was affordable, why not return there next year

Slightly further south but why not take a peek at Sequioa Parc?

Or closer to your search area Du Jard....La Tabardiere or Le Chaponnet

Edited by charlieboy2608

4 minutes ago, charlieboy2608 said:

Slightly further south but why not take a peek at Sequioa Parc?

Great site but having been twice and eaten alive by mosquitoes (despite trying all sorts to avoid then) we won’t be back.

Hell  fire and brimstone, a grand for two weeks!! :o

That makes me very glad to be retired and able to use ACSI €240 max for two weeks.

Having said that we were, for many years, “trapped” by school holidays and I remember only too well the pain of comparing prices in and out of school holiday times, so you certainly have my sympathy/understanding.

Andy

It’s just a fact of life if you have kids, we knew before we had a family that there would be a decade or so of expensive holidays at busy times. Only got 7 years left 😂

I comfort myself with knowing that expensive holidays means I’m further away from death (all things being equal!)

7 hours ago, Les Medes said:

If you liked it so much and was affordable, why not return there next year

I have a rule that there is so much to see especially in somewhere as large as France, we never go to the same place twice.

6 hours ago, FrankBullet said:

Great site but having been twice and eaten alive by mosquitoes (despite trying all sorts to avoid then) we won’t be back.

I'd also heard that from elsewhere which puts me off