Sign in to follow this  
mentaliss

Bailey Senator alloy body panel pings damage

Got the dreaded 'ping' ( small dents ) damage to a small area near the door... the problem here is there's no easy fix that doesnt highlight the original problem, yes I can fill the ping's with an appropiate body filler thats the easy bit ..but the real issue is colour matching a faded orginal body colour, almost impossible without  respraying the whole of the body side...of course I could always cover the area with decals or what ever which changes the original look and style of the Caravan ....... anyone had this situation?

We’ve a very small dent in our side panel, I decided to live with it as any repair is likely to be more obvious than the damage. It is tiny though, smaller than a little fingernail, 

You could try sucking them out to see if it pulls them out or try one of the dent addressing companies . I pulled mine with a 50 mm sucker on a hook for hanging things on as it is only soft thin aluminum.

https://www.chipsaway.co.uk/services/minor-dents/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwrfvsBRD7ARIsAKuDvMOzT8TNqqamMI_g5k5HCsVhfqAWa9q3nAG20-2EAthZtQJrXQwmKWIaAgLWEALw_wcB

Edited by CommanderDave

25 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

You could try sucking them out to see if it pulls them out or try one of the dent addressing companies . I pulled mine with a 50 mm sucker on a hook for hanging things on as it is only soft thin aluminum.

A very risky business on aluminium. Unlike steel, aluminium is not very elastic and does not readily spring back into place.

Dings in aluminium tend to be smaller and deeper than corresponding dents in steel because the aluminium suffers localised permanent stretching. Any attempt to "pull" them out tends to simply turn the ding into an even bigger lump unless done with great care and precision.