Sign in to follow this  
WispMan

Some news from Spain

3 hours ago, stevew1 said:

I managed to master the art of sleeping sitting up in bed this Summer , if I laid flat the acid would just run into my throat

That's a familiar scenario.   Apparently all due to a one-way valve at the bottom of the oesophagus not staying closed.   I wonder if they could fit a Whale pump non-return valve in there.:D

• Haha 1

Hope everything goes well and nothing serious is found.

One thing with endoscopies/colonoscopies, you get to see your insides on the screen. They might be uncomfortable but when nothing is found you know you will be ok for a few more years.

Edited by Paul1957

1 hour ago, Jaydug said:

That's a familiar scenario.   Apparently all due to a one-way valve at the bottom of the oesophagus not staying closed.   I wonder if they could fit a Whale pump non-return valve in there.:D

🤣🤣👍

Never saw the screen this time , it was behind me  , the consultants face was a little disconcerting when he was looking at my oesophogus though .

8 hours ago, stevew1 said:

Hope you are ok now ,  I managed to master the art of sleeping sitting up in bed this Summer , if I laid flat the acid would just run into my throat & I would be awake coughing for about 4 hours , delightful !😡😡

Yes I am generally OK these days in that regard but I recognise the scenario of sleeping propped up on occasion.

Edited by Easy T