PapaT

Sliding Gear Broken on Toilet Door

Anyone out there that can provide me with a supplier of these sliding door gear for 575/4 toilet door.

school boy error - forgot to lock the sliding door in the open position, hence the need for a replacement slider gear as one of them has broken up.

5FA0C41D-2C0B-4101-81C1-3BDB7322898D.jpeg

20B84732-A9BB-4EFE-BC24-B0A7AE9B4D31.jpeg

A12BD03E-2E23-4CA6-A348-210228776D4A.jpeg

PapaT, Leisure Shop Direct can be quite good for that sort of thing.

I’m interested in your “schoolboy error” because I would have probably done exactly the same thing on my first tow with my new van in a few weeks time. Not having had a sliding door before, I would have assumed I would travel with it shut. Is there no catch to hold it shut?

John

11 minutes ago, Johnaldo said:

I’m interested in your “schoolboy error” because I would have probably done exactly the same thing on my first tow with my new van in a few weeks time. Not having had a sliding door before, I would have assumed I would travel with it shut. Is there no catch to hold it shut?

John

Hi John

the older version was better in my opinion, as the sliding door stayed closed whilst travelling. The newer model from 2018 VIP onwards now have the sliding door kept in 5he open position whilst travelling with a plastic thumb turn at eye level, but if you forget to lock the door in the open position, the door slides back and forth, until something breaks.

ie the roller gear within the track snapped and the door jammed itself in the open position.

so i have dismantled the remaining sliding gear, with the door off, and laid a side and await a replacement roller gear as per photo.

PapaT

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Johnaldo said:

John

On my Lunar there's a catch to hold the door open - but if the catch is forgotten, the result is the same!

I had the same issue with our Swift......  super glue has cured it.

Posted (edited)

The bathroom sliding door on my 2019 Swift is a failure waiting to happen. I've added it to the list of things that need checking before towing, so I have created an acronym for all of the checks I need to do, and it starts with the letter 'D' for door. I just know that one day I will forget to lock it back in the open position, and the door will fall off.

Edited by LeadFarmer

My local Coachman dealer just happened to have a few in stock when it happened to me - mine just snapped when I slid it closed after it had been secured open. 

I suspect breakages are  not unknown.

Try your Coachman dealer.

Same thing happened to the bathroom door on my new Laser. Luckily I was able to repair with superglue but not sure how long it will last.

In my case the glue lasted about 5 minutes but I suppose it depends on where the plastic broke.

I guess its the type of plastic that superglues don't like.