Sign in to follow this  
Johnaldo

Chariot sockets ??

Reading the 2020 Elddis brochure, I see the new models are fitted with “Easy-slide Chariot sockets to exterior” ... ...

EA13B251-9CFF-4620-8CFE-97BC3962BFE7.thumb.jpeg.63b97f0723b9cdf02e5acd361f3cc003.jpeg

Now a little googling tells me that Whale fitments, such as water inlets and bbq points, have sliding covers as opposed to the usual flap type ... but nothing explains this “chariot business ... ...

B9011FFD-CA58-43C6-A1F9-AE2F8F11C9A7.thumb.jpeg.9cf9820aa88216ffc6c41bfaf672ad11.jpeg

The dealer didn’t know either!   Anyone have an idea?

John

I'm sure it is referring to the new range of utility sockets from Whale.

Clever idea though and much better than the usual lidded door types with a spring that goes rusty and breaks.

Mine were forever flapping in the slipstream too and saying that, I have an idea how to re-tighten the clasping properties of aforementioned lid.

Anyone else's lids open while travelling and what did you do to stop them opening?

Posted (edited)

I would imagine it's just a parts name for the new whale easy slide sockets. I have only found it on the new advertising for caravans, however perhaps to get an answer to your question you could contact whale.  

Edited by joanie

Came across the same name for them on a caravan face book group yesterday!

1 hour ago, BOAC said:

Clever idea though and much better than the usual lidded door types with a spring that goes rusty and breaks.

Mine were forever flapping in the slipstream too and saying that, I have an idea how to re-tighten the clasping properties of aforementioned lid.

Anyone else's lids open while travelling and what did you do to stop them opening?

The sliding cover is nothing new.  Had one on the gas BBQ point of one caravan way back (Abbey Expression dealer special). Squarer than this Whale one, though.  Think the lid could easily be slid right off and misplaced if unlucky?

https://www.caravanaccessoryshop.co.uk/product/lid-for-gas-outlet-box/6155

Hinged lids usually flap if not closed properly, or the catch breaks.  Mine get a little thump with my hand before setting off to ensure they are closed properly.  Only sprung cover I have had is the what seems to be well made Bullfinch gas outlet.

Sign in to follow this