U3 JVC speaker grill removal

Can anybody tell me how you remove the speaker grills. I need to remove a speaker to get at some wiring behind. I don’t really want to go at it blindly and damage the grill or surrounding panel. Thanks

The round plastic surround along with the metal grill is just clipped on revealing the speaker underneath  Use something plastic so you don't damage anything and work your way around the edge of the speaker leavering it off. Once off you will see the speaker just screwed into position

Don't try to remove the metal grill from the plastic surround by itself. It will just bend out of shape.

Edited by Danuk

I have removed the speaker grill by bending a small pin into a hook. By inserting the hook into one of the holes near the edge of the grill and pulling gently on the pin, the grill removes easily.  I have done this several times without bending the grill.

1952552088_JVCspeakergrill2.thumb.jpg.65a5260495c328d67264c32e4e246dd5.jpg1994824693_JVCspeakergrill1.thumb.jpg.cccb73fd060770ba165ca57ad706745f.jpg

Edited by TintentTerry
Text layout
  • Like 1