Sign in to follow this  
BOAC

Cybergold Rug Control Spray

I am updating my Top Tips and I would like opinions of Cybergold Rug Control Spray before I include it. 

Has anyone tried it for mats on carpets, rugs on carpets or rugs on lino please. Bottom line - Does it work?

Thanks

1 minute ago, BOAC said:

I am updating my Top Tips and I would like opinions of Cybergold Rug Control Spray before I include it. 

Has anyone tried it for mats on carpets, rugs on carpets or rugs on lino please. Bottom line - Does it work?

Thanks

I use it, it works. We like to have a carpet runner down the centre of the van to protect the carpet and this was forever creeping up to one end. Cybergold spray fixed it 95%, it now needs straightening once every few days rather than several times a day..  I have been told that there are other similar products but have not tried them.

• Thanks 1

A simple press stud at the "upstream" end of the carpet runner works well in my experience but thinking along these lines, something like the carpet retainers seen for retaining car mats would probably work just as well. I have no experience of "rug control spray" but suspect that this would need to be re applied  over time. A press stud is only applied once.

3 minutes ago, Gordon said:

A simple press stud at the "upstream" end of the carpet runner works well in my experience but thinking along these lines, something like the carpet retainers seen for retaining car mats would probably work just as well. I have no experience of "rug control spray" but suspect that this would need to be re applied  over time. A press stud is only applied once.

Fitting a press stud in carpet is no easy task unless you can find the appropriate tool to do it.

A simple spray on the back is less trouble than applying polish to the exterior of the van.

Yes, it does need to be re-applied periodically, mines been on for around 45 days use of the van and still going strong.

Didnt work for us.

• Thanks 1