Sign in to follow this  
BOAC

Loo night visit

A trip to the loo in the night? What I find very useful is a small battery PIR light in a suitable position in the loo / bathroom. Stick it in a suitable location with Velcro. This means no fumbling for the light switch and provides a soft glow so I don't blind myself with bright light, and its automatic switch on /off. My advice is to buy a light with only one LED, any more and it will be too bright. If it is too bright for you then colour the LED with nail varnish to reduce the light.

Posted (edited)

I dont actually need a light to enable me to use the loo (depending on what needs to be done :rolleyes:.

There's usually sufficient ambient light from the heating control panel or even from outside to enable me to find it, use it, flush it and wash my hands. It's same indoors, I dont need to turn the bathroom light on which makes a racket when the extractor fan fires up.

Edited by matelodave
  • +1 2

Sounds like a good idea to me - we're usually on sites with little or no external lighting and I don't trust my aim in the dark.....

6 minutes ago, iansoady said:

...........and I don't trust my aim in the dark.....

Then sit down!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • +1 6

1 hour ago, WispMan said:

Then sit down!

That don't work too well with an enlarged prostate (96mm)!

Does with mine except when self cathetising :D

Too much information chaps ! :(

• +1 4

Totally agree with BOAC, except our stuck on light has 4 leds. (Just changed the batteries after 3 years).

4 hours ago, WispMan said:

Then sit down!

Ditto, especially as the noise from hitting the pot would wake everyone up (prostate still in fine form)

I don't get the issue - the fridge control and microwave clock give enough light to find the washroom without other lights - if a light's need in the washroom, shutting the door first avoids waking anyone else.

3 hours ago, bessacarr425 said:

Too much information chaps ! :(

Truth is this really is a conversations we need to have ... this IS life in the real world. I think that "realistic" contributions to this thread are most valuable. Time for the British "stiff upper lip" to be consigned to the bin ... this really is stuff we should Talk about.

I'm happy to admit to being a sitter in minimal light situations. :lol:

• +1 2

If we cruise in an inside cabin we take a couple of these.

ABE83DEB-71C4-47C9-9C93-21258251405E.jpeg

They are rechargeable via s USB and have a motion sensor so come on when they pick up movement.

1 minute ago, jetA1 said:

Truth is this really is a conversations we need to have ... this IS life in the real world. I think that "realistic" contributions to this thread are most valuable. Time for the British "stiff upper lip" to be consigned to the bin ... this really is stuff we should Talk about.

I'm happy to admit to being a sitter in minimal light situations. :lol:

I learnt long ago that sitting in all circumstances was much tidier!

• Like 1
  • +1 4

If I flooded the van with light every time I need to visit I would sure be decidedly unpopular.

To get there and close the door there is enough glow from the various indicator lights. Once the door is close and light locked any additional lighting can be switched on if the task needs it.  As the loo space light switch is outside there is no using that option, so I keep my headlight in the upper locker.

Any PIR that catches me out and more importantly cause any lighting up of elsewhere in the van, is a non starter for me.

4 minutes ago, Black Grouse said:

OK ... I'll go much further .... the design of our 'en-suite' accommodates a roof purlin which is difficult to avoid when in the 'standing' position, for that reason I always adopt the 'sitting' position. as you say ... it is soooo much tidier :lol::lol:  

Or you could get one of these,,,

Hahahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Organman said:

Or you could get one of these,,,

Hahahaha

I like the double entendre of MOTION OPERATED

• Like 1
  • +1 1

I have a rechargable PIR Led light that just hang off the bathroom door catch  knob which was purchased on eBay .

Dave

6 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

I have a rechargable PIR Led light that just hang off the bathroom door catch  knob which was purchased on eBay .

Dave

Sorry with the earlier mention of double entendre I could help but laugh ... :lol:

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, jetA1 said:

I'm happy to admit to being a sitter

I'am always a 'gentleman' and take my seat during any performance'

Edited by Organman
  • Haha 1

On 01/10/2019 at 21:36, Black Grouse said:

I don't get the issue - the fridge control and microwave clock give enough light to find the washroom without other lights - if a light's need in the washroom, shutting the door first avoids waking anyone else.

The issue is that not everyone has any lights shining at night - like our van, but more than this, the loo light is too bright and with a soft glow PIR there is no need to fumble about for the light switch and the whole process is automatic.

Every little helps.;)

Posted (edited)
On 1 October 2019 at 21:56, Black Grouse said:

Sitting in all circumstances is an order from her who thinks she must be obeyed (and for a peaceful life, generally is!)😘

Edited by hp100425ev

Try using a marine toilet standing up with a boat that's bouncing around, soon gets you used to sitting.  On one boat on a trip to Ireland the heads (nautical term for toilet) were very well forward, and punching into a sea, you had to hold on to the pan, to stay connected...