Sign in to follow this  
andy e

toilet waste door lock

hi guys , new member.i tried to replace the lock on the door i removed the screws removed the lock cover , i removed the little bar that moves when, the key is turned,removed the old lock fouund out i needed to remove a small cotter pin, found out i couldn't do it so i put everything back the way is should, so i thought now when i press the button to open the door it does not open  so i have to remove the hinge pins to open the door .sorry its long winded.can anyone help me .many thanks

Hi Andy,

I had to replace my dust cover for the key and has similar trouble when I reassembled and tested it. The little teeth on the rotating bar that moves the catches back and the teeth on the piece that is pushed by the button had jumped out of sync and relocated in the wrong position, when I pressed the button it didn't move a thing.

It's a very fiddly job, the springs and silicon grease in there doesn't help matters but the trick is that you have to get both sets of teeth to mesh properly so that the bar starts to rotate as soon as you press the button in. It took quite a few attempts to get them correctly syncronised. I took the door off to make it easier to work with on a  bench/table top .

Good luck.

Dave.

just to wake up an old post which door was this was it a thetford door2  by any chance ?

20 hours ago, avondale4 said:

just to wake up an old post which door was this was it a thetford door2  by any chance ?

The one I had problems with happened to be a Service Door 5, however, the same push/rotating ratchet bar system is common to quite a few doors in the Thetford range.

Dave.