The question seems to suggest it does not come with a panel, which to me is a surprise.

Are you sure?

I thought all vans came pre-wired for solar nowadays - my basic 8 year-old Sprite certainly did.

Look for one of these, usually near to, and behind, the battery box ... ...

EAA4A0B0-1099-44E7-A8ED-2BFC716D4F42.thumb.jpeg.ba11fe812be62440ed0d13489ccef3a6.jpeg

I think it’s called a JST connector, or something similar.

John

Edited by Johnaldo
6 hours ago, frontend said:

I am afraid it's   extra 

Is the "saving" attractive enough to take on the retro fit hassle and forgo the warranty that would come with the kit factory fitted?

That warranty covering for a while all associated risk, equipment failure, water ingress and the panel coming unfixed, being the most obvious.

I was going use the solar panel only when in storage and would be fitted in the vans large top window .so no holes 

Just stand alone then taken down when using the van 

• Thanks 1

I made my own for use in storage. Using water tight glands it goes in near the ehu plug and out below the van battery panels.

I have used push fit plumbing connectors, copper pipe and zip ties to make a stand 

It all folds away into a box when not needed.

I used Anderson connectors in the ehu bit of the battery box to connect and release.

Panels in Windows don't do that well hence why mine are outside.coupled with a decent solar controller my battery is always ready to go.

On 27/09/2019 at 16:19, Johnaldo said:

I thought all vans came pre-wired for solar nowadays - my basic 8 year-old Sprite certainly did.

Look for one of these, usually near to, and behind, the battery box ... ...

EAA4A0B0-1099-44E7-A8ED-2BFC716D4F42.thumb.jpeg.ba11fe812be62440ed0d13489ccef3a6.jpeg

I think it’s called a JST connector, or something similar.

John

this is a tamiya connector  original use for r/c battery packs

Towing with 2. 0 darkside mk3 Ford Focus hatch named the Naked Turtle, towing a 1993 Abi Jubilee Emperor Named Michelle