Sign in to follow this  
Adam180t

19mm waste help

Hi i have an older caravan of 1997 and wondering where i can find suitable waste pipe as none of the shops near me have it just 23mm and 28 mm 

3/4 is often described as 20mm inside diameter (bore of the pipe).    Outside diameter will be more than that so 23mm might be the same size if someone is quoting the Outside Diameter rather than the bore?

28.5mm is also the inside diameter and 32mm outside diameter rigid domestic waste pipe is roughly the same size.

I'd expect most caravan spares shops would have it (Norwich Caravans in Hevingham is fairly near to you?).  Aquatic pond places in garden centres are the other likely source of suitable stuff if you have a sample of what you need to compare?  Even B&Q or Homebase might keep some?

Its the outside waste pipe to wastehog and its the old 19mm internal dia hose cant seem to get it anywhere 18mm 23mm or 28mm but none fit as need 19mm internal. steven that one you pointed out may be the one i will look into it 

I found local yacht chandlers were very good for  the range of plastic hoses they had, if not the cheapest on pricing. I solved a sourcing issue I had that way.

19mm is 3/4" equivalent i/d... The stuff sold  in chandlers is quite stiff, as it's generally used for sea toilet waste... and having fought with it in several occasions on the boat over the years...

Sea cocks (the valves that isolate the bog from the sea) are either 3/4" (inlet) or 1.5" 

Edited by Guzzilazz

3/4 inch is 19.05 mm, so near enough 19mm for most practical purposes. I this metric world 3/4 inch ID hose is more likely 19mm in reality. With flexible hose it does not really matter because 19mm hose can be easily forced over a 20mm fitting anyway.

On 26/09/2019 at 11:28, Rodders53 said:

3/4 is often described as 20mm inside diameter (bore of the pipe).    Outside diameter will be more than that so 23mm might be the same size if someone is quoting the Outside Diameter rather than the bore?

28.5mm is also the inside diameter and 32mm outside diameter rigid domestic waste pipe is roughly the same size.

I'd expect most caravan spares shops would have it (Norwich Caravans in Hevingham is fairly near to you?).  Aquatic pond places in garden centres are the other likely source of suitable stuff if you have a sample of what you need to compare?  Even B&Q or Homebase might keep some?

Rodders you are absolutely spot on.

I have a 1998 Bailey and the corrugated pipe is approx 23mm ID and 28mm OD and I fitted 32mm Polypipe to the rear of the van. The rubber sleeve for the flexi pipe ends happens to be a perfect fit to the ID of 32mm Polypipe. I'm creating a separate thread with pics detailing the conversion shortly.