Jump to content

Lunar Caravans 2020


thensum
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just seen a tweet from Andrew Jenkinson on Twitter with a photo of the 2020 range 

IMG_0666.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they're anything like our 2015 Lunar Quasar with it's damp problems, rusty window screws and broken bed slats, they will be rubbish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Is there any update now as to the new Company and re-starting the building of Caravans ?

 

My worried pal has a 2016 Lunar and is about to buy another s/h 2018 (as was the best trade in offer - no surprise  !).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, montesa said:

 

Is there any update now as to the new Company and re-starting the building of Caravans ?

 

My worried pal has a 2016 Lunar and is about to buy another s/h 2018 (as was the best trade in offer - no surprise  !).

In the absence of clear statements about warranties on pre-liquidation vans or spares availability your pal has good reason to be worried!

It would take a very big financial incentive to get me to buy one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, thensum said:

Just seen a tweet from Andrew Jenkinson on Twitter with a photo of the 2020 range 

IMG_0666.PNG

Thank you for the update.

Please keep us all informed as/when more information becomes available!

Do you know if they will be at the NEC this October??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well have to say we love our 2018 Clubman SB.   No problems so far 6 months in, so hopefully they sort out the warranties for existing vans and get a solid range of quality new vans 

Edited by PhilC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They don’t seem to be on the floor plan which I assume at this late date must be a final copy , maybe they will have a representation on certain attending dealers stands .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stevew1 said:

They don’t seem to be on the floor plan which I assume at this late date must be a final copy , maybe they will have a representation on certain attending dealers stands .

It will be a shame if they are not there to represent theirself though they might want to hide in case there is any backlash regarding warranties etc...

Nothing on the Lunar website either!

When I spoke to Robinsons recently I believe to fil their dealer special quota they have approached Swift to supply a special for them...while on this subject I read the Robinsons family have sold the business on too??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, charlieboy2608 said:

It will be a shame if they are not there to represent theirself though they might want to hide in case there is any backlash regarding warranties etc...

Nothing on the Lunar website either!

When I spoke to Robinsons recently I believe to fil their dealer special quota they have approached Swift to supply a special for them...while on this subject I read the Robinsons family have sold the business on too??

 

They also told me that about Swift a couple of weeks ago , I believe the previous director is staying on for a couple of years until the new owners get their act together , hope it all works out , especially for the staff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, stevew1 said:

 

They also told me that about Swift a couple of weeks ago , I believe the previous director is staying on for a couple of years until the new owners get their act together , hope it all works out , especially for the staff.

I hope so too..BTW on a totally different subject I'm glad nobody was hurt in your wheel detachment episode and can only repeat what what others have said and hope it gets sorted quickly-We also have a Lunar Ultima and the 1st thing I did was put the spare under the bed-what a complete faff the ALKO carrier is eh!!

Ive just had a brain wave-rare for me these days,concerning your wheel detachment-could it have been that the wheel was out of balance??

Edited by charlieboy2608
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, charlieboy2608 said:

I hope so too..BTW on a totally different subject I'm glad nobody was hurt in your wheel detachment episode and can only repeat what what others have said and hope it gets sorted quickly-We also have a Lunar Ultima and the 1st thing I did was put the spare under the bed-what a complete faff the ALKO carrier is eh!!

Ive just had a brain wave-rare for me these days,concerning your wheel detachment-could it have been that the wheel was out of balance??

 

Thanks for your kind wishes Charlie , it was a great relief to me that we weren’t 2 miles further on or we’d have been doing 55 - 60 mph on the M18 & a totally different outcome .

The wheels were balanced last November when I had two brand new tyres fitted before the service , I saw a few messages on here advising about wheel balancing & admit to never having given it too much thought before so I would like to thank those contributors who put such good advice on this site for pushing me in that direction, on reflection I am convinced that the wheel studs loosened due to the poor state of the roads , especially the nearside , in some areas it is like driving on corrugated iron.

the incident happened on June 23rd & after visiting Robinson’s in person I have finally got a date for the repairs to start , October 14th , that’s all summer missed because of a stupid wheel stud  , again after seeing advice on here I have purchased some WSL wheelstuds which I will fit into the new hubs when I get the van back . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, chinster1957 said:

Dan Trudgian

 

30 minutes ago, chinster1957 said:

Just seen Dan Trudgian on YouTube looking at the new models. 

Have you got a link to access the review of the 2020 lunar range

Scrub that-found it on utube under the heading Lunar 2020

 

Edited by charlieboy2608
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...