Sign in to follow this  
Cavalier

On board water tank

I'm about to take  delivery of a 2017 Cartagena and have noticed it has an onboard water tank, does this mean it will have an inboard  pump as well as the submersible one that drops into the water barrel?

I'm not absolutely sure that this applies to a Bailey, but our Swift has an onboard tank. The submersible pump, which drops into the Aquroll, is used to fill the onboard tank: then the onboard pump supplies pressure to the taps. The onboard pump can be set to draw water direct from the Aquaroll, via a separate inlet on the side of the 'van. 

4 hours ago, Flying Grandad said:

I'm not absolutely sure that this applies to a Bailey, but our Swift has an onboard tank. The submersible pump, which drops into the Aquroll, is used to fill the onboard tank: then the onboard pump supplies pressure to the taps. The onboard pump can be set to draw water direct from the Aquaroll, via a separate inlet on the side of the 'van. 

More or less the same on our Lunar Delta.

Our Bailey Senator had an onboard tank and pump under the offside front bunk. It had a separate filler on the out side and under the bunk by the tank a pump and two taps which you turned to redirect water from which ever tank you wanted to use. A bit of a rigmarole but worked well, I think maybe it had been fitted by the dealer though not Bailey? Very baby for overnight stays saving mucking around with that horrible blue aqaroll !

4 hours ago, James Donald said:

Our Bailey Senator had an onboard tank and pump under the offside front bunk. It had a separate filler on the out side and under the bunk by the tank a pump and two taps which you turned to redirect water from which ever tank you wanted to use. A bit of a rigmarole but worked well, I think maybe it had been fitted by the dealer though not Bailey? Very baby for overnight stays saving mucking around with that horrible blue aqaroll !

My Ace Supreme is the same as yours James but is fitted from the manufacturer. I just have the on board pump and a filter you can change that drops into the aquaroll . I agree the valves are a bit of a pain and would like to use motorised ones.

Assuming it is a U3 there is a pump in the internal tank and one in the aquaroll. Fill the tank by pumping from aquaroll 

4 hours ago, asklowey said:

Assuming it is a U3 there is a pump in the internal tank and one in the aquaroll. Fill the tank by pumping from aquaroll 

Thanks Asklowey, it is a U3. I was a bit disappointed to find that Bailey had gone back to a submersible pump, the onboard pump on my U2, although noisy, created good pressure to the shower etc.