Sign in to follow this  
Idris

Stay and Pitch in North Norfolk

Hi all

I'm trying to find a stay and pitch site in North Norfolk.

What we are looking for is a small site that would store our caravan and bring it out when we go and stay, therefor knocking towing in the head.

We know about Old Brick Kilns and Deer Glade but they seem to be large sites. The trouble is most sites do not advertise this service so searching the net, which we have done is pretty fruitless. So we have to rely on word of mouth, hence the request.

Hope someone can help. 

:Thankyou:

Have you used the search facility on the C&CC web site, CMC web site, Pitch up, UKCS?  We often see that CL's and CS's have caravan storage. I would guess that whether they will pitch the caravan for you or even tow it to a pitch is of secondary importance. The other issue is insurance - if you require that it may be more difficult. 

52 minutes ago, Idris said:

Hi all

I'm trying to find a stay and pitch site in North Norfolk.

What we are looking for is a small site that would store our caravan and bring it out when we go and stay, therefor knocking towing in the head.

We know about Old Brick Kilns and Deer Glade but they seem to be large sites. The trouble is most sites do not advertise this service so searching the net, which we have done is pretty fruitless. So we have to rely on word of mouth, hence the request.

Hope someone can help. 

:Thankyou:

Brick Kilns is a large site but Deer Glades 'sister' site, Deer's Mead just down the road is quite small but Adults only - you don't mention what type you need.

Well thanks guys for your replies.

We'll look at the search sites  to see what they can throw up so thanks for that Ern.

As for Deer Meed, yes we would like an adult only site however we believe they don't do storage so thanks SamD.

Unless you know different !!:) 

Brick kilns is separated up on different levels with trees between so wherever you are it does not feel as if you are on a large site and they have an only adults field with Excellent facilities so don't discount it straight away although you don't get any discount on the pitch rate even though you store your caravan there.

1 hour ago, Idris said:

Well thanks guys for your replies.

We'll look at the search sites  to see what they can throw up so thanks for that Ern.

As for Deer Meed, yes we would like an adult only site however we believe they don't do storage so thanks SamD.

Unless you know different !!:) 

I have been there 3/4 stays and seen the tractor move them in and out.  Suspect the storage is at the sister site.  Worth a call.

Thanks SamD that's worth thinking about, we might just do that.

The missus is now re-thinking Old Brick Kilns, thatnks for the info Danuk;)

Yes Deers mead definitely do storage, I was there in August and back again in October. Deersglade is open all year as opposed to Deers mead that shuts at the end of October. One that you may want to go and have a look at is Walnut Farm in Waxham, they do outdoor and indoor storage and run a system that meets your requirements. Showers are so so but adequate. It has recently been taken over and they cant do enough for you. I hope that helps.