We are moving our Bailey Unicorn Valencia to another site.  Would our T5 2.0 Campervan be powerful enough to pull it, I have looked at sites on towing, but its all double dutch to me lol.

What are the weights of the two vehicles then an answer will be forthcoming.

Yes the T5 is considered a superb tow vehicle and they are quite heavy; the only thing to be mindful of is which engine is in your T5 - if it’s the 84 or 104ps model then performance will be glacial, more powerful shouldn’t be an issue.

Also, assume you have a pre jan 97 driving license or have taken the ‘E’ test otherwise you are limited to 3500kg gross train weight and that outfit would blow that to bits!

31 minutes ago, Northern Monkee said:

We are moving our Bailey Unicorn Valencia to another site.  Would our T5 2.0 Campervan be powerful enough to pull it, I have looked at sites on towing, but its all double dutch to me lol.

You didn't give the age of your T5 or the engine size of the vehicle but if it's built in the last ten years and let's assume that it's the 2ltr TDI, then you should be OK.   I'm also assuming that the undergear of the caravan has been serviced.

Hi guys, it is a 2.0 tdi  2010, which has been remapped from 102 bhp to  180 bhp

1 hour ago, Jaydug said:

You didn't give the age of your T5 or the engine size of the vehicle but if it's built in the last ten years and let's assume that it's the 2ltr TDI, then you should be OK.   I'm also assuming that the undergear of the caravan has been serviced.

It is serviced every year

16 minutes ago, Northern Monkee said:

Hi guys, it is a 2.0 tdi  2010, which has been remapped from 102 bhp to  180 bhp

It is serviced every year

When did you obtain your driving licence as that is very important?

55 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

When did you obtain your driving licence as that is very important?

40 years ago lol

It’ll pull it very well . The T5 is a excellent tow vehicle . I’ve got one and a Valencia .

On 24/09/2019 at 12:06, Northern Monkee said:

40 years ago lol

Then there should not be any problem towing with the T5.  I can remember in the seventies when it was the in thing to have a Kombi.  The one that I used had a 1600 engine.  My friend dropped in a V6 into the rear of their Kombi and had a radiator fitted on the front.  That Kombi could really shift.