Sign in to follow this  
den123

Pink fluid cassette

Hi guys noticed pink fluid at bottom of where the cassette fits any help please what’s the cause 

2 minutes ago, den123 said:

Hi guys noticed pink fluid at bottom of where the cassette fits any help please what’s the cause 

It all depends how much there is.

Sometimes when the cassette is removed it is possible to get  a few drips from the toilet into the cassette space.

If it is more than this then there may be a leak from the flush container, perhaps you have overfilled it or have travelled with the flush container full.

If it is a leak I am sure someone will be along to tell you how to find it.

Ian

• +1 1

Thank you was wondering if it’s the seal 

It doesn't just need a leak... 'Er indoors flushed and left a little bit of fluid in the pan, and closed the slide... Guess where it finished up?

One of our previous vans used to syphon pink fluid from the flush tank into the bowl if it got over filled - sometimes up to 3/4 of a bowl full so we were very careful about not towing the van with anything in the flush tank just in case the movement started a syphon and it then slopped all over the bathroom.

We haven't noticed the syphon effect in on our last two vans, so I guess there's an anti-syphone device or the pipe layout is different, but I don't travel with anything in the flush tank - I don't really want to see half a gallon of flush fluid all over the bathroom floor.

Edited by matelodave

On 23/09/2019 at 19:23, den123 said:

try following my posting ( PapaT ) as we discovered Pink Fluids down under in the cassette housing 

click on this link below:-

www.caravantalk.co.uk/community/topic/101514-dometic-toilet-is-this-progress/page/2/#comments

I forgot to empty the rinse tank before travelling once. Stuff was everywhere 

I have always travelled with flush tank 3/4 full and never suffered from fluid leakage, so I can count myself lucky then 🌝

9 hours ago, kiaboy said:

I have always travelled with flush tank 3/4 full and never suffered from fluid leakage, so I can count myself lucky then 🌝

and me

• +1 1