Sign in to follow this  
maaabk

misting of bailey big front window

We have a 2.5 year old Bailey Unicorn Valencia 3. The big front window has a  horizontal white mist patch across it at the point on the bend. Chased it up with the dealer as van warranty will end in in 6 months. It's not dirt - inner or outer. It's not delaminating,  it's not condensation.  My amateur opinion its a stress problem in the plastic.

Dealer excellent but:

Warranty on windows only 2 years

Bailey said tough its out of warranty

Window maker said tough its out of warranty

Message to other owners with newish caravans is that if you notice any misting take it seriously and register it before your warranty runs out.

Does anyone know what could cause this kind of misting?

Have a read of THIS

It might be something similar

• Like 1

thanks for this link, I missed these posts. Very helpful. What is said about sprays and cleaners may be true but it is not the case in ours. I agree that it is connected with the stresses that are mentioned in the posts as the misting on mine is only at the most stressed part. These are big windows after all. 

Can you post a picture of the white mist? That might help us to identify the cause.

If you need advice on how to do this see under PHOTOGRAPHS HERE

here is the mist photoIMG_8937.thumb.JPG.fc0ae73c8de30befda9407c2b4b25d1a.JPG, its not a good one hope you can see it, its a horizontal white band

I had similar on my Orion front window.

see here

Had the window changed under warranty.  Had a small bit of occurrence on the replacement after two / three years-ish.

Same window on the Pursuit - no marks at all.

Edited by Wunny

Thanks for the pic. The only thing left is plastic fatigue I guess and maybe someone might recognise the pattern and cause.

How much is a new window?

12 hours ago, maaabk said:

here is the mist photo, its not a good one hope you can see it, its a horizontal white band

It is not clear from your photo but is there an internal scratching of the front window, or are you seeing condensation misting?

If the former it will have been caused by the two panes rubbing against each other due to air pressure deforming the outer pane whilst on tow. The only solution I'm aware of is to replace the damaged window.

If the latter then this can be cleared by removing the small plastic plugs in the inner pane to allow the water vapour to escape. This is best done on a hot dry sunny day with the window in full sun. replace the plugs as the air cools and repeat over as many days as necessary to clear the mist.

Unfortunately it looks to me like it may be the former.

• +1 1

a new one costs £1200 from Bailey and £60 fitting charge according to my dealer. I will put up with a bit of mist. My main point in posting was to warn others to watch out for it.

It is certainly not condensation nor the rubbing together of inner and outer walls. 

Thanks for your interest everyone