Pembssurfer

Fitting stabiliser

After some advice. I have a 2002 sterling Europa with what I presume is a standard ALKo chassis with no stabiliser fitted.

I’m looking at retro-fitting the following  Al-Ko stabiliser to it.  AL-KO AKS3004 which are currently around £250 on eBay. Question is is it a straight forward fit to my year of caravan, something I can do myself or best left with the local trailer company?  Also will be towing with a detachable swan-neck tow bar on a C-Class estate. 

thanks

Adam

I fitted a 3004 to a year 2000 Swift and followed the good instructions with a new stabiliser. At one stage you have to prevent the overrun from shooting forward by putting  a bolt through a hole.

You should be able ti do it and it didn't take long.

• Thanks 1

The fitting should not be difficult, but you do need the full fixing kit including the steel dowel and instructions.

• Thanks 1

The Winterhoff - now BPW - hitch is a straight swap too.

Just remember the dowel in the rearmost hole. The BPW one has the required bit win the box hen purchased new, along with a selection of sleeves, spacers and rubbers that will reside forever on a shelf in the garage!