Other people not doing it quite right

I agree completely with uncoiling our caravan orange hook up cables and advise people to do so, but I'm just thinking about home with the domestic extensions in an enclosed drum do we actual unroll them when doing DIY?

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9827954

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

yep I always do, coz this can be the result if you dont especially if you are using a high wattage device like a lawnmower or iron.

P7nzb.jpg

Edited by matelodave
  • Thanks 1
  • I agree completely 1

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

While I do own an extension lead identical to the orange one illustrated earlier in this thread, it is never used while still on the reel. I also have several leads of various length, terminated with 16A connectors, and will always opt for the shortest one of these that will reach the EHU for the pitch we are allocated.

image.png

Here's a quick snap of our outfit at the moment. Note the white mains lead towards the rear that passes under the body and goes directly to the EHU on the opposite side of the MH.

Before anybody comments, I know the mains inlet cover is open, and also that it looks like the yellow runaround is towing the MH.

• Like 2

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

• 1 month later...

I never leave my cable on the reel, because it's a ferrous reel.

However in warmer climes I will happily leave it coiled up at about 1m diameter on the grounds I'm not pulling much load and as has been mentioned before, it's not a tight wind.

I was once living in the van for a few weeks, the winter of 2010 IIRC, with temperatures down to -13C - In order to stop the water barrel freezing I did use the mains cable to wrap around the barrel while it was inside the insulating jacket - It stopped it freezing.

What it didn't stop was the pipework running behind cupboards and next to the skin of the caravan from freezing.

• Like 1

Olympus II 620-6 & Mitsubishi Shogun

Follow us on FacebookInstagram and Twitter

On 22/09/2019 at 19:10, Gordon said:

Here's a quick snap of our outfit at the moment.

Very tasty MH . . . .almost a house on wheels !

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

tags: inspirational, optimism, perception, pessimism

34 minutes ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

Not in mine there isnt.

Nor mine ... lots of H&S bumff and CRiS info ... but nothing about cables.

John

2 hours ago, stephendutton63 said:

That looks like the smallest tow vehicle i have seen, how does it cope     :D

The fact that it doesn't have a hook on the back is not the only problem. The 500cc two cylinder lawnmower engine would prove problematic too. 

1 hour ago, Lozzyf said:

Very tasty MH . . . .almost a house on wheels !

Whatderyermean - Almost. . . :rolleyes:

image.png

This where I was last week during the NEC show

• Haha 1

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

That's not a motorhome! This is a motorhome. Main street, Murgon, QLD

truck_house_1_1280.jpg

• Haha 1

Diesel Pathfinder 140kw/450nm towing off road Trakmaster 16' Nullarbor caravan.
690 watt solar, 300 amphr Lifep04, 3 x 85 L water tanks. Airbag suspension.

25 minutes ago, ddcman said:

That's not a motorhome! This is a motorhome. Main street, Murgon, QLD

Touché :)

What about the Towcar that happily tows the caravan down the motorway with no mirrors!

• Like 1

2015 ABI ASHCROFT EXCL