Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ever since we bought our second hand Bailey I've not been happy with the original volt meter.  It was an old analogue type and always read under by about 1 volt. So finally got round to replacing it today. I got a digital volt meter with 2 USB ports from Amazon

 I had to break the old meter into bits to get it out as it was glued in. Once the old meter was out fitting the new one was easy.  Now I have an accurate meter and 2 extra USB ports. I was going to post a picture but it won't let me, sorry. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the maximum allowance is about 4 Mb for a picture. Download Gimp (Its free) and once installed Gimp allows you to re-size the image, once done CT will accept it.

 

Download here

 

Its a great program and relatively easy to use. Its a bit like a mini version of Photoshop. If you need any help, please PM me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Windoze comes with MS Paint which can Resize pictures very easily. 

Gimp is really not needed and a definite learning curve to be avoided (and I use Gimp, occasionally).

 

EDIT My Bailey voltmeter is spot on for accuracy.  But I'm a sucker for modifications and all things digital.

 

 

Edited by Rodders53

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Rodders53 said:

 Paint.... can Resize pictures very easily.

 

Yes!   I use Paint a lot because all my photographs that are used in my blog and on forums need reducing from 100 down to 25.   I also use Gimp, mainly for making slight adjustments to sea horizons and perpendiculars of buildings.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can the forum owner make this site more user friendly I wonder for photos, this is only site I have problems with inserting photos.

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, David 38 said:

Can the forum owner make this site more user friendly I wonder for photos, this is only site I have problems with inserting photos.

 

Could it be made easier?    All you've got to do is click on "choose files".   Then go to where you have your picture stored.   Click on that and a thumbnail appears at the bottom of this box.   Click on the picture - and it's there.  

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jaydug said:

 

Could it be made easier?    All you've got to do is click on "choose files".   Then go to where you have your picture stored.   Click on that and a thumbnail appears at the bottom of this box.   Click on the picture - and it's there.  

Yes that's what I do on other forums etc. and succeeded.  But as others have said I get you are only allowed something like 4.88 on this forum.

 

Edited by David 38

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, David 38 said:

Yes that's what I do on other forums etc. and succeeded.  But as others have said I get you are only allowed something like 4.88 on this forum.

 

So make your picture files smaller.   As I said earlier, every picture I use on the internet needs to be reduced.   Otherwise they are refused - or they take forever to upload.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BOAC said:

 .... I think the maximum allowance is about 4 Mb for a picture....

 

Luxury .... one forum I use regularly has a 200kb limit on images, dreadful in this day and age!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The standard Windows 10  MS Photo will resize for whatever purpose...  Click on three dots top right, resize...

Larry from Essex

2019 Bailey Unicorn Cabrera 2017 Kuga 2. 0 TDCi 150

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that.

What I dislike about the originals is how bright they are in the night, is this less bright?

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, David 38 said:

I like that.

What I dislike about the originals is how bright they are in the night, is this less bright?

I don't know, we haven't used the caravan yet, I only put it in yesterday.         the one it replaced was analog but if it is too bright I'll put black tape over the usb cover,  on our van the panel is around the corner facing away from the bed end so it should be OK. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, David 38 said:

What I dislike about the originals is how bright they are in the night, is this less bright?

Easily modified to feed the led meter illumination from the awning light switch for when wanted (and acts as a reminder that the awning light is on).

 

A must be around 5-year old thread will detail how on P2s and similar Bailey panels if you search.  I fitted an extra separate switch for it, though :blush: (not clever enough to have had the awning light switch idea myself).

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Rodders53 said:

Easily modified to feed the led meter illumination from the awning light switch for when wanted (and acts as a reminder that the awning light is on).

 

A must be around 5-year old thread will detail how on P2s and similar Bailey panels if you search.  I fitted an extra separate switch for it, though :blush: (not clever enough to have had the awning light switch idea myself).

The meter I fitted has 2 USB sockets so needs thicker  cable to run. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ex-Gasman said:

The meter I fitted has 2 USB sockets so needs thicker  cable to run. 

Neat job you did.  I'd think the rubberised (water-resistant?) cover will block out most light from the meter under it.

 

My comment was aimed at David 38's meter illumination issue on the original analogue factory install.  BluTak and a piece of dark card to cover the meter will also work. B)

  • Like 1

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rodders53 said:

Neat job you did.  I'd think the rubberised (water-resistant?) cover will block out most light from the meter under it.

 

My comment was aimed at David 38's meter illumination issue on the original analogue factory install.  BluTak and a piece of dark card to cover the meter will also work. B)

I don't think it is waterproof it's made to replace the old cigarette lighter socket in a car with 2 USB ports. I'm not sure if I will use the USB port's.   We are new to caravaning and I'm not sure if our solar would cope with charging 2 phones, and if on hook up I'll use the 240v USB adapter I have now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 29/12/2019 at 19:28, Percyprod01 said:

Just as a matter of interest, how do you know your new meter is accurate?

sorry for not replying, I've only just seen this.  I have a volt meter that plugs into a 12v power supply and it gives the same reading. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...