Rick G

Hello everyone

I have owned a number of caravans over the years but had to sell the last one three years ago because of my wife’s disability. Very sadly my darling wife passed away a few months ago and I feel at the moment a nice two berth caravan would get me out, and possibly save me some embarrassment, on my side, rather than booking into a b & b or hotel as a single person. I may be right, I maybe wrong I don’t know. I have looked at motor/camper homes but feel they are very tight on space compared to a caravan. I would appreciate your opinions, especially if anyone has experience similar to my situation.

Sorry to hear about your wife.

I would go with a caravan and look at rallies where single people can meet up. I believe there are lots in a similar position to you but still enjoy camping.

Good luck

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rick G said:

my darling wife passed away a few months ago and I feel at the moment a nice two berth caravan would get me out,

What are you waiting for!   Eight years ago my wife passed away whilst we were in Spain for the winter.   After I got home I felt that I would never want to caravan again, so going against family advice,  I sold the van and every piece of equipment.    Later in the year when my girls were planning to book a cottage in Devon, they reminded me that if I still had my van, I could have caravanned nearby.   I hurriedly found myself another van.   Now I find myself spending around 140 nights away each year  

• Like 2

We have a number of single friends with a variety of MH and caravans, varying from the smallest MH you could wish for (Suzuki Wagon R) to quite large caravans and MHs.

Each to their own, but they all enjoy getting out and about with caravanning friends.