Sign in to follow this  
CliveB

Fiamma contact details needed

Without going into detail I bought a Fiamma product which does not fit my vehicle in the manner as advertised even though it was vehicle specific.

After extensive communication with the seller they refuse to take it back because, as they see it, there is nothing wrong.

I would like to contact Fiamma for their response before taking the matter any further.

Does anyone have contact details?  Their website just refers you back to the supplier.

Legally your course of action should be through the dealer under the CRA. They are the ones who sold a product which was not as described.

No harm in trying to contact Fiamma, but don't hold your breath!

Stevan

That is the exactly the line I have taken with the supplier which they have rejected.

Before taking the case to the small claims court I was hoping to get a response from Fiamma,

I suspect there may be others who have encountered the same difficulties (not that they are likely to admit).

Would it not be helpful to provide more detail such that others could provide a more considered response and be warned for their own benefit????

If you bought online I think you have 14 days during which you can return without reason.

Firstly thanks to John for the link.  I was hoping for an email address as I wanted to attach pictures and videos - but the contact form seems to allow at least one attachment.

PandR - I was trying to avoid boring everyone with the details but briefly for the record:

I purchased by mail order a Fiamma T6 Pro Carry-Bike (latest model for Transporter/Caravelle range)

After initially being supplied the incorrect item this was replaced with the correct one

It was a few weeks before I assembled it - no issues it went together as per instructions

The advertising, instructions, and Fiamma video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9Id9xxpRE0  ) show that the rack can be fitted by one person

I tried and failed to fit the rack over the tailgate (the gap between the hinge and lip was too narrow)

Contacted the supplier who arranged for me to visit their VW camper conversion unit, fortunately fairly close

The fitter was unable to attach the rack on his own.  With the help of another, standing on a low platform, and sliding the rack from side to side, it was attached to Caravelle.

I don't want to leave the rack attached permanently (it's not a camper) so removed it on returning  (with help and stepladders, again having to slide to remove one side at a time).

I am unhappy with this situation and requested a refund on the grounds that the rack is not fit for purpose (I purchased on the understanding that it could be easily fitted and removed by a single person).

This has been refused.

Hence my wish to contact Fiamma for their response before taking it any further.

Clive

PS It's 30 days for return from receipt under CRA - but still well outside this window

21 minutes ago, CliveB said:

PS It's 30 days for return from receipt under CRA - but still well outside this window

The 30 day limit under the CRA is not an absolute limit. It is merely the point at which the onus of proof  shifts to the buyer having to establish that the issue was "inherent", that is to say present or its cause present, at the time of purchase. In this case, not fitting as described, was clearly an issue at the time of purchase.

If you get no joy from Fiamma it would still be worth seeking professional advice on how/whether to proceed.

22 minutes ago, Stevan said:

The 30 day limit under the CRA is not an absolute limit. It is merely the point at which the onus of proof  shifts to the buyer having to establish that the issue was "inherent", that is to say present or its cause present, at the time of purchase. In this case, not fitting as described, was clearly an issue at the time of purchase.

If you get no joy from Fiamma it would still be worth seeking professional advice on how/whether to proceed.

The 30 days is the right to reject, the onus on whether the fault was present from the date of purchase remains with the seller for the first 6 months, don’t confuse the two!

6 minutes ago, Grandpa Steve said:

The 30 days is the right to reject, the onus on whether the fault was present from the date of purchase remains with the seller for the first 6 months, don’t confuse the two!

Understood, but this is only the "short term right to reject", and there is also a "long term right to reject with different conditions. After the 30 days the whole issue gets more complicated, but I tried keep it simple and point the OP towards professional advice.

I can see the issue here. 

I would email the managing directors of Fiamma and explain what you just explained on here.

The directors are:

Charles Pozzi and John-David Pozzi,

The website is Fiamma.it

I would formulate a list of all possible email addresses and send the email with a read receipt requested.

The emails will likely be one of

Charles.Pozzi

CharlesPozzi

CPozzi

C.Pozzi

More unlikely is an underscore instead of the dot or first last names reversed. 

All at fiamma.it

If you send to the four addresses above, the unsuccessful ones will come back with an error. If you get just 3 errors you can expect director involvement and you'll know who to harass.

Ditto for the other guy but a few more possibilities due to the double first name.

I've had enormous success with this approach. Usually the Directors are desperate to have and resolve this kind of feedback.

Good luck

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PandR said:

I can see the issue here. 

I would email the managing directors of Fiamma and explain what you just explained on here.

The directors are:

Charles Pozzi and John-David Pozzi,

The website is Fiamma.it

I would formulate a list of all possible email addresses and send the email with a read receipt requested.

The emails will likely be one of

Charles.Pozzi

CharlesPozzi

CPozzi

C.Pozzi

More unlikely is an underscore instead of the dot or first last names reversed. 

All at fiamma.it

If you send to the four addresses above, the unsuccessful ones will come back with an error. If you get just 3 errors you can expect director involvement and you'll know who to harass.

Ditto for the other guy but a few more possibilities due to the double first name.

I've had enormous success with this approach. Usually the Directors are desperate to have and resolve this kind of feedback.

Good luck

The question begs WHY?

The OP didn't buy the item from Fiamma, they are under no obligation to engage with the OP and anything they may choose to do or not do is outside of the OP's statutory rights.

There are accepted methods of recourse that will resolve the OP's issue, best advice is to follow them and not go on a wild goose chase that will only delay any outcome.

The UK importer is Nova Leisure who are part of Arleigh International they are located in Century Park, Nuneaton. Their CEO is Alastair Thomas and their number is 024 7639 0100

Jacko 

I did contact Nova Leisure who have reported back to Fiamma.

Nova leisure have been very helpful and supplied two replacement top brackets in an effort to solve the issue. Unfortunately they were identical to the originals.

Edited by CliveB