Sign in to follow this  
mjohns4

Toilet fluids

Recently I have noticed people leaving their toilet fluids outside the caravan near the toilet Hatch I was thinking that this might be a hazard to children what are other people's thoughts

Dedicated toilet fluids tend to have caps that are purposely difficult to open, so I doubt if kids could get it undone. If using domestic laundry detergent then they don't usually have the safety tops.

Children on caravan sites should be supervised by a suitable adult at all times?

• Like 1

I think chemicals should be stowed where children can't get to them.  I'm sure an eight-year old could open one.

• +1 1

32 minutes ago, Steamdrivenandy said:

Dedicated toilet fluids tend to have caps that are purposely difficult to open, so I doubt if kids could get it undone. If using domestic laundry detergent then they don't usually have the safety tops.

Those caps aren't child-proof - they defeat the elderly who need children to help them!

Domestic laundry detergent is found in every home.

Edited by Black Grouse
  • +1 1

30 minutes ago, Rodders53 said:

Children on caravan sites should be supervised by a suitable adult at all times?

I am sorry but this is the real world. It is almost impossible to keep an eye on children at ALL times.

Alan

• +1 1

Can't really understand why they are not kept safe in a locker 

Wouldn't it be a good idea if the cassette locker had space to keep the fluids, where they're used.

1 hour ago, Black Grouse said:

Wouldn't it be a good idea if the cassette locker had space to keep the fluids, where they're used.

Is that irony?

1 hour ago, Black Grouse said:

My Sterling Europa had a section under the cassette for storing the small 400mm bottles, I could get 4 under there, two of each.

we put ours in the gas locker along with the small water can used to fill the flush. I often wonder about all the bits and pieces left out and around the caravans.  I never gave a thought to kids going near someone's 'van and tampering with the their belongings, I've never seen this happen , but I suppose there's always a first time.  Perhaps this is something for parents to warn their children about, keep away from other caravans, do not play around other caravans. 

3 hours ago, Black Grouse said:

Welcome to the world of the Unicorn 4, mine has decent sized locker with the casette at the back. there is plenty of room for chemicals and a watering can, I keep spare waste pipe and oil and lubricants in there as well.