Sign in to follow this  
The Coachman

Toilet cassette transporter

Maybe I’m just old but I find carrying a full toilet cassette to the disposal area a chore, especially if it was some distance to carry it.

Now I know you can place it on the Waste master  but it’s not secure plus with the waste-master already full that makes things even heavier.

Earlier this year I came across a solution during a “shopping trip” with the boss.  I spotted one of this trolleys and thought why not try it.  Back at the van I tried it out just securing the cassette with a couple of bungee ropes but when I got home I perfected it a little.

Using some off cuts of plastic laminate left over from out kitchen splash back I made up a board with some blocks at the strategic places to prevent the cassette from sliding about.  The board was then mounted onto the trolley and using a plastic strap with quick release I had lying among my caravan spares I have attached this to secure the cassette.

I’ve tested it with the cassette full of water and it works with no threat of falling off.  

Not wanting to waste anything I’m now thinking of mounting the bag which came with the trolley onto the back of the toilet door to hold the dirty clothes.

3AE6A0D4-D7E6-45A7-AB9B-7AA57DC3CF84.jpeg

Nice idea, but its something else to store and carry in your van, and perhaps not a hygienic item either.

• +1 2

Nice one Coachman.

For those of you wanting a cassette on wheels made by Thetford,  do a search and type :-

Thetford toilet fresh up

C200_FRESH_UP_KIT__43123.1551106200_1280_1280.thumb.jpg.c238cb1dda420c3d1f6a2c1ab951565a.jpg

I have the wheeled cassette and what a boon it is too.

Edited by BOAC
insert jpeg

Had that model cassette previously, heavy when fully 'toileted' and so used a similar transporter.

Our latest device, although of smaller capacity I think, makes the trip to the pit easier than previous.

20190917_224704.thumb.png.1934e212ac95275a68893fcd288b3ea7.png

Have you seen the price of the cassette, you'd think it empties itself!!

Edited by Jiffy176
  • Haha 1

Back in 2005 we bought a new Fleetwood Sonata (aka Adria) it came equipped with a 20 litre toilet tank with integral wheels and handle ... aren't they all like that ?? 

5 hours ago, jetA1 said:

Back in 2005 we bought a new Fleetwood Sonata (aka Adria) it came equipped with a 20 litre toilet tank with integral wheels and handle ... aren't they all like that ?? 

I had a Coachman which I sold recently, and the cassette in that was without wheels. Maybe its just Coachman vans that are not equipped so.

18 minutes ago, BOAC said:

I had a Coachman which I sold recently, and the cassette in that was without wheels. Maybe its just Coachman vans that are not equipped so.

We have a 2015 Coachman Vision 450/2 which has a wheeled cassette.

John.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BOAC said:

Nice one Coachman.

For those of you wanting a cassette on wheels made by Thetford,  do a search and type :-

Thetford toilet fresh up

C200_FRESH_UP_KIT__43123.1551106200_1280_1280.thumb.jpg.c238cb1dda420c3d1f6a2c1ab951565a.jpg

I have the wheeled cassette and what a boon it is too.

Are you sure a wheeled more modern cassette actually fits in the previous non wheeled units, I am not?

Having one of the older wheelless type and now being in somewhat aged myself, I simply empty it every morning before it gets too heavy.

Adding a carrier rather defeats my objective of trying to declutter caravanning not adding to it.

Thetford manufacture many different models of the wheeled cassettes. Just match the cassette to the same model of your toilet. ;)

You do make a good point of emptying it each morning. Maybe some of us are too lazy to do that I guess.

I have to agree with your last point. Its just added clutter as you say.

Let us know when you buy a wheeled model cassette :) 

I found that emptying it more often lightened the load considerably.

• +1 1

There’s nothing more sets my teeth on edge than the trundling sound of toilets and waste masters as they roll their plasticky wheels back and forth to the emptying spot. One of the reasons I hate CMC club ‘shingle car parks’. 

They even get trundled back when empty???

I much prefer to carry a half full toilet (easier to empty as well) and a small grey water container albeit more frequently. 

Gives me a a bit of upper arm exercise as well, to offset anno domini.

8 hours ago, Black Grouse said:

I found that emptying it more often lightened the load considerably.

But only after you have lightened your own load!!

• Haha 1

A use a trolley with motor mover attached.  (Battery makes the loo tank seem quite light). 

Had a few strange looks but something very special about sitting in a comfy chair and  pressing buttons to guide the thing to the emptying spot.

I then send my wife to actually empty it. 

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, ericfield said:

There’s nothing more sets my teeth on edge than the trundling sound of toilets and waste masters as they roll their wheels back and forth to the emptying spot. One of the reasons I hate CMC club ‘shingle car parks’. 

They even get trundled back when empty???

I much prefer to carry a half full toilet (easier to empty as well) and a small grey water container albeit more frequently. 

Gives me bit of upper arm exercise as well, to offset anno domini.

And there is me worrying my foot fall on the shingle whilst going back and forth at 09:30 hours was almost a crime on CMC sites.

I am certainly not converted to adopt a wheeled set up and will continue to carry 24 hours worth every morning, it just could be doing that, and hand winding steadies, which keeps me fit enough to still go caravanning.;)

Edited by JTQ

5 minutes ago, JTQ said:

And there is me worrying my foot fall on the shingle whilst going back and forth at 09:30 hours was almost a crime on CMC sites.

I am certainly not converted to adopt a wheeled set up and will continue to carry 24 hours worth every morning, it just could be doing that, and hand winding steadies, which keeps me fit enough to still go caravanning.;)

Nope don’t mind the footfall.

Anyway, that’s normally drowned out by the wardens leaf blowers and rubbish collection truck.  :D