Sign in to follow this  
BOAC

Bio washing liquid in toilet cassette

I think it was Borussia that suggested  using Bio washing liquid in the flush water, so I decided to try it.

Glad to report that using three cap fulls does a very excellent job countering pongs and that there was a greatly reduced amount of solids and paper.  It made a nice change from the chemical smells of the traditional toilet flush.

The next time I shall try the Aldi Almat bio liquid and see how that fares.

Thanks to him of  'You should have bought a German caravan' fame. :D

Edited by BOAC

28 minutes ago, BOAC said:

I think it was Borussia that suggested  using Bio washing liquid in the flush water, so I decided to try it.

Glad to report that using three cap fulls does a very excellent job countering pongs and that there was a greatly reduced amount of solids and paper.  It made a nice change from the chemical smells of the traditional toilet flush.

The next time I shall try the Aldi Almat bio liquid and see how that fares.

Thanks to him of  'You should have bought a German caravan' fame. :D

Thought it was added to the holding tank.

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, rovinmad said:

It is !! or should be !!

7 hours ago, rovinmad said:

Holding tank = flush water ;)

• Confused 3

We have used Lidl Bio washing tablets in the holding tank for nine years!

Works perfectly. Funnily enough the more expensive ones, ie Waitrose are nowhere near as good!

Also our holding tank always looks brand new inside!

Ta PR1. THAT confirms it then. No more Aqua Fresh for me.

So far as I am concerned, Aqua Fresh is a contradiction of terms.:D

1 hour ago, BOAC said:

Ta PR1. THAT confirms it then. No more Aqua Fresh for me.

So far as I am concerned, Aqua Fresh is a contradiction of terms.:D

We experimented to start with to find the best bio tablet for us! Lidl won easily!

Also in the flush tank, a couple of cap fulls of washing conditioner!

Been using Bio washing liquid for years having been told about it years ago when we first started motorhoming (and have promoted it many times here) 

Andy

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

Been using Bio washing liquid for years having been told about it years ago when we first started motorhoming (and have promoted it many times here) 

Andy

I came across the suggestion in a discussion about SOG systems - I tried Aldi's bio washing liquid about 6 years ago, found it worked just fine and switched to Asda Smart Price bio washing liquid which works just as well - I use double the normal quantity for a wash, ie 2 caps, so we get 14 uses out of a litre.

Like PR1, I find the holding tank is cleaner inside, with less limescale.

1 hour ago, BOAC said:

Holding tank = flush water ;)

When I wrote "holding tank" , I was referring to the waste cassette or bottom tank.

Ah! The waste holding tank. (Otherwise known as the honey bucket :D)

I should have said the flush water holding tank. However, in my OP I did say the flush water. Maybe you missed that.

That's sorted then. ;)

However, to my mind it makes more sense to add the bio liquid to the flush water tank rather than the waste holding tank. This way it helps to keep the bowl clean and to impart a pleasant smell to the bowl as well.

Edited by BOAC
Info mod
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Hello BOAC,

We do as you have said above and you are right. Its no good pouring the Bio Washing liquid into the waste cassette and the toilet bowl smells lovely.

Oh, and thank you for all your efforts with your index too. It contains useful information and is of great help to my hubby and I.

x

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BOAC said:

However, to my mind it makes more sense to add the bio liquid to the flush water tank rather than the waste holding tank. This way it helps to keep the bowl clean and to impart a pleasant smell to the bowl as well.

Whilst doing that will mean the bowl is exposed to it, putting it directly in the cassette ensures a much greater concentration of enzymes are there to welcome what comes next.

As an aside I have realised that those assumed moth holes I got in two expensive pairs of trousers are very likely to be attributable to my use of bio liquid; this probably points to using the pods would have been wiser. I had these "mystery" small holes, four, appear in my right thigh of some expensive trousers. Initially I "blamed" a friction rub issue in the washing machine until it happened just as before with a pair of even dearer, brand new shorts. However, here these holes had a netting mesh still left bridging the hole. That woke up my grey cell and I then tumbled on the latter shorts were a cotton man made fibre mix, but the trousers were 100% cotton. I conclude that in its concentrated for my Waitrose Bio liquid has the ability to dissolve the cotton portion. So just be cautious not to trade blue stains for holes if adopting the Bio liquid, it seems at undiluted strength it has that ability to do harm.

Edited by JTQ

Be careful not to overdose with this type of stuff. if its added to the top tank neat it will not mix and will settle to the bottom where it becomes a thick sticky substance. When I accessed the top tank on our toilet to change the rinse pump I was surprised to see how it looked. It may even have been responsible for the death of the pump. If you do use that type of stuff I suggest you use it sparingly and thoroughly pre mix it in a container.

• Like 1

Can somebody from Admin change flush tank to holding tank in the title please?