gmc15

Alde fluid change and warranty

Does anyone know if having the Alde fluid changed at 2 years old is part of the caravans warranty?

My van has just had it's 2nd service and they did not change the fluid. They have no fluid in stock so the van will have to go back to the dealers at a later date to get the fluid changed, by which time it will be over 2 years since I bought the van. I wondered if anything happened to the Alde system and I made a warranty claim and they found out the fluid was changed after 2 years they may not honour the claim.

If it IS a requirement of the warranty then I would be speaking with dealer about costs of returning to have it changed.

They knew you were taking it in for a service so should be in a position to complete the job and not expect YOU to take it back because THEY were unable to complete the work they were contracted to do! 

Dont let them get away with it, I wouldn’t! 

Andy

Your dealer isn't very savvy - the fluid is simply G13 coolant, available from any car accessory outlet.

The dealer has 3 sites in the North of England and they are apparently in the process of doing a deal to supply all 3 places with fluid but in the meantime they have none left.

The radiator in the van has a slight leak and they have tried to fix it a couple of times - unsuccessfully. It is the actual union that screws direct into the radiator that leaks and tightening it has not fixed the problem. The idea was that when the fluid was changed it was the ideal opportunity to fix the leaking union. This obviously didn't happen!

Not very impressed with their service department.

11 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

If it IS a requirement of the warranty then I would be speaking with dealer about costs of returning to have it changed.

They knew you were taking it in for a service so should be in a position to complete the job and not expect YOU to take it back because THEY were unable to complete the work they were contracted to do! 

Dont let them get away with it, I wouldn’t! 

Andy

Do you think they should know it needed a fluid change at 2 years old or was it up to me to ask for it - which is what I did , but they said they did not have a fluid change on the service request sheet.

On 17/09/2019 at 20:29, Black Grouse said:

Your dealer isn't very savvy - the fluid is simply G13 coolant, available from any car accessory outlet.

Interesting ?.. So topping up if necessary is done with neat coolant ? 

Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, Charliefarlie said:

Interesting ?.. So topping up if necessary is done with neat coolant ? 

Thanks. 

It's a 50:50 mix of G13 and deionised water - you can buy G13 in concentrate or ready mixed at 50:50 - for top-ups you need the ready-mixed. When my mobile AWS changed the fluid earlier this year he left 2 litres of ready-mixed for top-ups.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Black Grouse said:

It's a 50:50 mix of G13 and deionised water - you can buy G13 in concentrate or ready mixed at 50:50 - for top-ups you need the ready-mixed. When my mobile AWS changed the fluid earlier this year he left 2 litres of ready-mixed for top-ups.

The expansion tank level is just below the minimum mark. The system has been on every night this week as it’s been pretty cold at night with these clear skies. 

The level returns to the same mark when it cools back down. 

My question is do these systems need topping up often ? Or do they stay at the same level. 

Thank you 👍👍

They shouldn't need topping up once the level has stabilised after a fill/refill.