U3 Changing reading light help

I need to change one of the reading lights that is fitted onto the brown plastic trim above the seating area. I could I suppose cut the original wiring and reterminate but I’d much rather plug direct into the original wiring connectors inside the brown trim. Does anyone know how to gain access to this wiring?

10 minutes ago, oldboy said:

Once the existing light is removed you will find there is ample wire in there. if it is a spot light, it is a blade connection.

It is but you can’t get to the spade connectors. Plus the hole appears too small to pull the spade connectors through. I didn’t want to pull on the wires to the light too hard in case I disconnected it inside. Hence asking if the brown trim can be removed to gain access 

Mine could be different but on mine a 2015 U3 the cable was coiled-up and I gently teased the wiring out, it came out for about a foot and the fitting would hang down, plenty of cable.Just be careful.

3 hours ago, sureflow said:

Mine could be different but on mine a 2015 U3 the cable was coiled-up and I gently teased the wiring out, it came out for about a foot and the fitting would hang down, plenty of cable.Just be careful.

Same here on the U2 when I changed a spot light.

On my U3 Cadiz, you can remove the spade connectors, but you have to as sureflow says, be very gentle when you tease the connectors out one at a time. The two front spot lights wiring can also be accessed by removing the JVC speaker which exposes a hole large enough to get your hand in.  I had to do this because the spade became disconnected before the connector was out of the hole.:(

U3CadizSpotlight1.thumb.jpg.f20072ed7514741f6b7db1c1928ebf0a.jpgU3CadizSpotlight2.thumb.jpg.91ecbeb8c451f71af2d6343ac1d92ee1.jpg

Edited by TintentTerry
Adjusting text layout

Thanks for that Terry

i will try and see if they will tease out next week when I’m not working. Im gonna try and replace them with the USB ones seeing as one has gone kaput