Sign in to follow this  
Lozzyf

Automatic levelling system

It must be on here somewhere but does anyone know the price of the hydraulic levelling system? E&L need you to send an enquiry !

I don't know the exact price but think it's close to £3000.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lozzyf said:

It must be on here somewhere but does anyone know the price of the hydraulic levelling system? E&L need you to send an enquiry !

£2,669 :o    https://www.caravanguard.co.uk/news/automatically-level-your-caravan-and-keep-it-secure-13095/

• Thanks 1

E&P

Between £2k and £3k.

• Like 1

“Loadsamoney”! . . . . . And extra weight (or weight off your payload) but I’d still like one . . . . . Sigh 😔 

• Like 1

Seems to be standard on Buccaneer Caravans!

• Like 2

Do consider the Compact E&P system. This has 2 x jacks 1 on each side of the axle to level side to side and then you level front to back using the jockey wheel. This is abt £1800. Had in fitted to our previous caravan and was v v good. New Buccaneer has the full system and also v good but i was happy with the compact which was great on a twin axle caravan.

• Like 1

Only seen one caravan using the full system  but it was impressive. He was levelled and steadies down in about 2 minutes!

Edited by AndersG
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, VOLVOVANNER said:

Do consider the Compact E&P system. This has 2 x jacks 1 on each side of the axle to level side to side and then you level front to back using the jockey wheel. This is abt £1800. Had in fitted to our previous caravan and was v v good. New Buccaneer has the full system and also v good but i was happy with the compact which was great on a twin axle caravan.

But would you still have to put the steadies down?

If I can’t level a caravan in 5 minutes I’m going home.  NB 5 minutes includes 3 minutes arguing if we are going to back up or pull on to the ramp. 

• Haha 1
  • +1 3

36 minutes ago, Lozzyf said:

Yes

• Like 1

I love my gadgets but would not wish to have an automatic levelling system. 

I know of two who have them and they are more than happy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lozzyf said:

Yes but you could use an electric drill attachment if you didnt want to use the handle. This system worked vv well and I would have no problem going back to it, the difficult bit is the side to side levelling which it does for you. You can use it manually too if for example you needed to change a wheel.

Less to go wrong, easier to transfer to next caravan and not quite so expensive as full system.

• Like 1

Slightly(?) off the initial question but......

A lot of weight, and a LOT of money for what is basically a device that will “save” you, at the most, 5 minutes??

Pretty much like an automatic satellite dish, yes they work, yes they save (a minimum amount of) time, BUT they cost a lot of money to do a job you are more than capable of achieving yourself without, but are they really necessary? Not in my book!

The thick end of three grand buys me a lot of campsite pitches, so I shall continue to use the jockey wheel for fore and aft and my eyes for side to side levelling, and yes I have been on pitches where there has been a bit of side to side slope so the bathroom door swings open/shut, but that’s what I carry a 50p B&Q door wedge for :D

Other if course (with more money than sense? ;)) will feel differently, and it’s from those people the gadget makers get their living.

Andy

Edited by Mr Plodd
  • Haha 1
  • +1 1

I agree with Andy. Almost 3 grand just to level the caravan???

It’s got to be said, some folk have more money than sense. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fireman Iain said:

It’s got to be said, some folk have more money than sense. 

Clearly that expression doesn’t apply to you and me though!  :lol:

• Haha 1

Thats a lot of beer vouchers.:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Plodd said:

A lot of weight, and a LOT of money for what is basically a device that will “save” you, at the most, 5 minutes??

Pretty much like an automatic satellite dish, yes they work, yes they save (a minimum amount of) time, BUT they cost a lot of money to do a job you are more than capable of achieving yourself without, but are they really necessary? Not in my book!

The thick end of three grand buys me a lot of campsite pitches, so I shall continue to use the jockey wheel for fore and aft and my eyes for side to side levelling, and yes I have been on pitches where there has been a bit of side to side slope so the bathroom door swings open/shut, but that’s what I carry a 50p B&Q door wedge for :D

Other if course (with more money than sense? ;)) will feel differently, and it’s from those people the gadget makers get their living.

Andy

. . . I agree ,but I am a gadget freak!!! And like you we can set up  pretty level or just enough for the water to go down the plug. 

Problem was , I saw the coveted gadget in action! . . . My practical side says “ how much?!. . . You don’t NEED IT , get real” my gadget head says “it will make you HAPPY ,PRECIOUS 😈

. . . My bank balance says . . 

NOT A CHANCE ! . . 😂😂

• Like 1

Having used it for over 4 years now I would not be without it and if I changed to another van it would be the first thing to be added.

Ian

• Like 1
  • +1 1

2 minutes ago, IanV8 said:

Having used it for over 4 years now I would not be without it and if I changed to another van it would be the first thing to be added.

Ian

Agreed Ian.

Retrofitted the 2 centre Jack system to our Clipper using Conrad Anderson in Birmingham. Excellent job but then about £1500.

The six jack system has been standard on the Caravel and Commodore we've had since and I wouldn't be without them.

The system is most useful on TAs which are more of a pain to cross level manually. Another bonus is the rigidity provided by the centre Jack's which of course are straight to the ground. (This van ain't rockin')

I do use the system manually on pitches where I want to determine the floor height so the awning fits optimally. I also put boards under the corner steadies so they don't buldoze the gravel on hard standings.:o

As I can reverse I get more utility out of this system than I do the motor mover.😁

Graham.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

The thick end of three grand buys me a lot of campsite pitches, so I shall continue to use the jockey wheel for fore and aft and my eyes for side to side levelling, and yes I have been on pitches where there has been a bit of side to side slope so the bathroom door swings open/shut, but that’s what I carry a 50p B&Q door wedge for :D:D

Andy

However don't you have a car with all sorts of fancy gadgets when you could have bought the same model, but a basic one without any mod cons.  Why didn't you buy a Baseline caravan instead of the fancy Bailey?  LOL!  

We love using our E&P system which is what the OP was asking about and not the merits of buying or not buying one. 

Edited by Durbanite
  • Like 2

Takes me a lot more than 5 minutes to level the van when I have to get the wedges out to level it and I would love to have an auto leveller!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AndersG said:

Takes me a lot more than 5 minutes to level the van when I have to get the wedges out to level it and I would love to have an auto leveller!

Practise. 

• Arrive on Pitch
  • Non Driver gets out opens van door and reaches for spirit level.  Assesses the need to ramp.  If ramp needed, get it out of locker.
  • Discuss forward or back :D
  • Level  and chock (normally)
  • Unhitch and level front and back
  • Legs Down.
  • Job done.

Notes

Add a couple of extra minutes if we have to put blocks under the ramp to lift it even higher rare but it has happened.  Have got a motor mover but honestly can't remember last time we used it to site. 

5 hours ago, Durbanite said:

However don't you have a car with all sorts of fancy gadgets when you could have bought the same model, but a basic one without any mod cons.  Why didn't you buy a Baseline caravan instead of the fancy Bailey?  LOL!  

We love using our E&P system which is what the OP was asking about and not the merits of buying or not buying one. 

I respectfully suggest you go back and READ what the initial question was! 

The OP actually asked how much automatic levelling would cost to fit.

To answer your question again I suggest you ensure you have the relevant facts in front of you before responding because....

My caravan is not a “fancy” model by any means, in fact it’s what Bailey describe as a ‘First choice” model, which roughly translates to being their entry level, or, to use your words, baseline model! 

My pal has a Cabrera which is pretty much a “tarted up” version of my Phoenix with a supposedly more luxurious “finish” to the inside, and Alde not Truma heating. It’s the same size (well actually it IS a whole 1” wider!) and does the same job, as mine. 

HOWEVER his “upmarket” model Cabrera cost him £6500 more (18 months before) I bought my Phoenix platinum and many of the “luxurious” features on his (ATC, alarm, extra fold up worktop, extra internal locker doors, swisher tap, stable Hartel habitation door,  extra cushions, dual fuel hob, external BBQ point, extra external 230v socket to mention a few) came as standard on my much cheaper (by £6500) dealer special anyway! So who got the better deal? what exactly did the extra £6500 get him? 

So, I have £6500 more in my bank to spend on holidaying than he does. Like I said £3000 will buy me a lot of nights on a campsite but I WOULD  have to level the caravan myself of course (and have more payload available) 

Your move ;)

Andy

Edited by Mr Plodd

1 hour ago, fred said:

Practise. 

• Arrive on Pitch
  • Non Driver gets out opens van door and reaches for spirit level.  Assesses the need to ramp.  If ramp needed, get it out of locker.
  • Discuss forward or back :D
  • Level  and chock (normally)
  • Unhitch and level front and back
  • Legs Down.
  • Job done.

Notes

Add a couple of extra minutes if we have to put blocks under the ramp to lift it even higher rare but it has happened.  Have got a motor mover but honestly can't remember last time we used it to site. 

We do practice hard at levelling the caravan. 

Arrive on pitch

Non driver gets out and opens caravan door and does not reach for spirit level

Does not discuss forward or back

Does not level and chock

Unhitches caravan and lowers nose

Reaches inside door and presses button

Job done

Subtracts a couple of minutes as caravan perfectly level within 2 minutes.  :D

1 minute ago, Mr Plodd said:

I respectfully suggest you go back and READ what the initial question was! 

The OP actually asked how much automatic levelling would cost to fit.

Andy

Exactly my point he was not asking about the merits of buying or not buying the system, he was asking the price.