Sign in to follow this  
Lureman

Alarm help please

How hard are they to fit ? Also which ones have you all used and recommend ?

In the past I've bought one of those and found all the wiring  pre-existed so just needed plugging in, as when new the caravan maker had offered it as an extra.

Also Sargent alarm here. Their products come with the required wiring diagrams. The fitted spec in most caravans is as basic as it can get. If you are handy, Sargent control units have the ability to accept additional features , such as adding red led alarm and door/locker contacts domestic style. You can buy the contacts and required alarm wiring for just a few pounds on line, and a significant upgrade to the system

Sargent Stinger 310 in ours, works well and great tech backup with any queries or problems.

Never had an alarm from Sargent, but I have had motorhomes with their control units fitted. Their customer service is some of THE best I have ever come across. I would not hesitate for a second to purchase anything with their name on it. 

Andy

No connection with them other than having dealt with them a few times with MH electrical stuff.