Sign in to follow this  
macafee2

they were loud

stayed on a CL and adjoining it was a reserved area. 2 caravans turned up each with two occupants, friends and both went into the reserved area.

Their caravans, a hedge, 3 more pitches, the drive to and from the cl and I could still hear them.

I felt sorry for the people the other side of the hedge to those two.

macafee2

Hell is other people.  I get really wound up by drivers who play loud music with the windows down, especially when they have powerful amps and lots of bass.  That and the noise of tradesmen with loud radios and children in general.  I think it's the selfishness that gets to me more than the noise itself.

Has anyone managed to get revenge on noisy strangers?  :D

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • +1 2

11 minutes ago, kelper said:

...and children in general.

One of the best noises in the world kids having fun. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • +1 3

And of course let us not forget barking dog !! I am leaving now !!:(

2 hours ago, kelper said:

Hell is other people.  I get really wound up by drivers who play loud music with the windows down, especially when they have powerful amps and lots of bass.  

Yep and I think they missed the bit about it being “IN CAR” entertainment.

It has not been unknown for bread to fall gently like snow at about 6:00 am on the caravan roof of those persistent families that take no heed of curfews, or fail to simply keep the noise down after others have retired to bed 😡.    

Pigeons and sea gulls make great alarm clocks 😱

• Haha 3
  • +1 1

Father-in-law used to do this, he naturally wakes up at about 4:30am 😂

4 hours ago, kelper said:

Hell is other people.  I get really wound up by drivers who play loud music with the windows down, especially when they have powerful amps and lots of bass.  That and the noise of tradesmen with loud radios and children in general.  I think it's the selfishness that gets to me more than the noise itself.

Back “in the day” I would sometimes have a bit of “fun” with the boy racers and their ultra loud boom box equipped cars.

I would stop them and ask to see their licence, they would duly produce their driving licence.

No, not that one, the OTHER one please.

Thats the only one I got, what other one?

You know perfectly well which one, can I see it please

I ain’t got no other licence

What about the public entertainment licence you need to broadcast such loud music

It was amusing to watch them trying to work it out!! 

Naughty I know, but they deserved it!!!

Andy 

Had a mate who always stopped those with their baseball caps on back to front

“Just thought you might like to know that your caps on back to front sir!”

“Oh, Sorry Officer“

They would then turn them round the right way AND say thank you to him. Tee heee 

• Haha 3

I’m not a fan of ‘loud campsites’ (I’ll never use a Haven site or Duinrell in the main season again), I like the rules and regs of CMC Clubsites, perhaps I’m old before my time, ‘Victorian Dad’ 😂😂. I don’t mind the sound of kids playing if it’s a family site but drunken ravers or constantly yapping dogs really wind me up.

I must admit that in my youth I had various convertibles and roadsters with Dr Dre, Eminem, Snoop Dogg and the like booming out, I thought it was cool but I probably looked like a right knob 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Borussia 1900 said:

I must admit that in my youth I had various convertibles and roadsters with Dr Dre, Eminem, Snoop Dogg and the like booming out, I thought it was cool but I probably looked like a right knob 😂😂😂

You can use that word if you want...😉

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, FrankBullet said:

One of the best noises in the world kids having fun. 

One of our best noises is none at all. 

• Like 1
  • +1 1

3 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

Back “in the day” I would sometimes have a bit of “fun” with the boy racers and their ultra loud boom box equipped cars.

I would stop them and ask to see their licence, they would duly produce their driving licence.

What about the public entertainment licence you need to broadcast such loud music

Andy 

“Oh, Sorry Officer“

They would then turn them round the right way AND say thank you to him. Tee heee 

Thanks for the laugh Andy never been able too make out why people would want too make themselves go deaf early boom boom.

regards Martin

So its not just me then.Children (and some adults) are ok without ball games near cars and caravans. Especially when they think its ok to go under our van to get the ball,But only once ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BOAC said:

One of our best noises is none at all. 

I live in a very quiet cul de sac and regularly welcome the sight and characteristic whine of the Airbus Beluga as it passes within 300 yards of my living room window three miles from touchdown at Hawarden airport.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Grandpa Steve said:

Yep and I think they missed the bit about it being “IN CAR” entertainment.

It has not been unknown for bread to fall gently like snow at about 6:00 am on the caravan roof of those persistent families that take no heed of curfews, or fail to simply keep the noise down after others have retired to bed 😡.    

Pigeons and sea gulls make great alarm clocks 😱

Is it not a little cruel forcing pigeons and gulls to swallow "alarm clocks"   :lol::lol:

1 hour ago, Apple Pie said:

Is it not a little cruel forcing pigeons and gulls to swallow "alarm clocks"   :lol::lol:

Not if you kill them and have them prepared by a taxidermist. Just remember to specify that you don't want them mounted; holding hands will suffice. And clock movements can be had on the internet for about £5 ... :D

Steve

15 hours ago, Grandpa Steve said:

Now THATS one I haven’t heard of before, but I really like the idea. It will be salted away in my “little grey cells” for some future appropriate moment. Thanks! 

On a similar note I once got sent to a house where the neighbours clearly disliked the occupant who was fanatical about his little patch of grass out the front. 

Someone had taken some cress seed and sprinkled it on the lawn. It grows up with a green top UNTIL it’s cut, and then it’s just the white stalks. 

When “gentleman” cut his grass there it was for everyone to see in letters about 18” high..................

“ Tw@t”

Made I larf ! Made the householder nearly spontaneously combust :lol:

Revenge IS a dish best enjoyed cold isn’t it?

Andy

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 10/09/2019 at 20:10, Mr Plodd said:

Andy 

“Oh, Sorry Officer“

I wonder when kids started to lose respect for the police. Tee hee  ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Towtug said:

I wonder when kids started to lose respect for the police. Tee hee  ;)

Probably when the "Old Bill" were renamed Police Service many of whom became a Police Force and started to star and feature in the "reality" TV police series. :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this