Over the rainbow

Door window flyscreen ‘baggy’

Hi!

totally new to caravans and just bought a 2009 coachman wanderer lux.

The flyscreen on the door window (consatina style with blackout at top) is really baggy-not sure how else to describe it! and isn’t sitting in the grooves and pokes out when you push it down. I have compared it to the top blackout blind and the material just seems to sit in the groove and fold up as necessary, so no roller or string looping through. Does anyone have any ideas of how I might fix this, and pictures of the groove area for comparison would be great.

thanks

The lateral cords have a tendency to break. Buy some heavy duty thread from a haberdashery and weave it through with a crewel needle, tying it to the snapped off end.

Thanks, will certainly have a go, however the material doesn’t seem to have holes that thread would weave through, each pleat is separated from the other at the ends, in little square flaps if that makes any sort of sense! The blackout blind above looks the same and just weaves in and out of the groove. However because it is a stiffer material this is ok. There is zero tension on the flyscreen.

If you look closely there should be 4 or 5 lateral cords threaded through the pleats. If not then I suspect all have snapped.  If this happened a while ago, the thread holes may have 'healed'