Hi all, my wife and I have taken the caravan and kids to the Loire and Dordogne twice when they were younger and had a wonderful time. Now they’re all grown up we’re thinking of returning , but just the two of us. 

This time we’re considering the West Coast, possibly La Rochelle or there abouts and have checked out both clubs site options. We’re looking at possibly two weeks and don’t need an all singing and all dancing site with entertainment. But we are looking for a quiet well maintained site (possibly adults only) with a decent bar, restaurant and pool in an attractive area with plenty to see and do. 

Any my recommendations would be gratefully received. If you think you know of the perfect site but it’s not even on the West Coast, then please still let us know as we want to make the right holiday choice. Thanks all

tony

There's a huge list of options but suggest you extend your search way beyond the CMC & CCC restricted listings.

Try ACSI Camping  or perhaps UKCS (France bit) websites using listings or their map searches - use them with your search options ticked off. 

Do remember to do a review after your visit(s) to help the next person !

UKCS - wont let me state the correct name of that website for some reason !

CS  = campsite

Edited by montesa
error
  • Thanks 1

The CMC and CCC options are, in my opinion, very expensive! If you decide to use one of them, book direct as it will be much cheaper!

Look at ACSI!

• Thanks 1

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

The question is when to go as well as where.  

If you go early in the year when children are still at school all sites will be adult only apart from a few toddlers.  The downside however is that the onsite bar and restaurant you ask for may not be open, and unless the pool is covered it may be too cold to use.   

Have a look at the islands of Re and Oleron - they both have a big choice of campsites.  Use the sources Montesa already suggested. Allow time for getting there - it's  450  miles from Calais , but a lot less from Caen and St Malo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have always used ACSI and got discounted prices as we go out of season but I have recently discovered https://www.pitchup.com/  Which I have found really useful looking at sites in Spain in the winter.

• Like 1

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

I wouldn't be too fixated about a bar and restaurant on site. Many French campsites are within easy walking distance of a town or village with lots of eating / drinking / croissant options.

• Like 1

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2, 1955 Francis Barnett Cruiser 75

On 08/09/2019 at 12:34, iansoady said:

I wouldn't be too fixated about a bar and restaurant on site. Many French campsites are within easy walking distance of a town or village with lots of eating / drinking / croissant options.

+1

also out of season i.e not Late July and Early August many smaller/quieter sites may not have their bars/restuarants open, but really not a problem in France where you will never go short of somewhere to eat and drink. 

Volvo & Bailey

If you like long sandy beaches, miles of cycleways and a nice clean site, try https://www.la-grainetiere.com/campsite-france-island-re.html In my opinion it is the best site on the Isle of Re. Lots of bars and eating in nearby, walkable La Flotte.

E20 per night with ACSI