Sign in to follow this  
Apple Pie

15KG of water

As a newbie, was wondering if I should be towing the caravan with a full 15 litre of water in the toilet, as this extra weight could cause problems?

Or am I worrying over nothing

Thanks

I travel with the flush tank having just enough water to stop the low fluid light flashing and the cassette minimised.

As said just a couple of litres of water for stops on route . Keep weight to a minimum in the caravan and the tank .

Dave

I usually empty the water tanks before travelling - that's the flush tank, hot water and toilet effluent. I don't see any advantage in carrying an extra 10-20kg of liquid about.

There's a big label on top of my water heater that advises against travelling when it's filled and I've heard stories of overfilled flush tanks slopping water around - I'd rather not think about what might happen with an effluent tank leak

But, as in all things it's a matter of choice, and you do what you want or feel comfortable with

2 hours ago, matelodave said:

I don't see any advantage in carrying an extra 10-20kg of liquid about.

I'd dispose of the effluent tank, but otherwise what about not having to carry 10-20kg of water to the disposal point?  Presumably you don't just pour it out on the ground.

Edited by Bolingbroke

27 minutes ago, Bolingbroke said:

Presumably you don't just pour it out on the ground.

Clean water, certainly straight on the ground!

Hot water allowed to cool a bit first though to protect the grass if necessary. Flush water also contains so little additive that it can go on the ground as well (the bottle actually says that it is bio degradable). 

When we had a flush tank we often travelled with it about half full with no issues, but then we had quite a large payload.