12 volt system

Applejack

Hi I've got a sprite musketeer 1991 

I'm having problems with the 12v wiring 

The caravan only had a cold water feed in so only cold taps I've now fitted hot water aswell I'm confused to how to wire the micro switch up to all hot water taps can I join wires from the cold tap or do they have to be seprate 

Need help plz 

Typically, all tap micro switches are connected in parallel, such that if any tap is opened the pump works and water comes from those taps that are open.

Typically, a hot water system is taken as a leg off the cold water system, routed through a boiler. Where a Non return valve is in the take off leg to stop back flow. We don't know how your DIY hot system is configured to give a more direct answer.

Many taps are mixers, so these only have a single micro switch.

Edited by JTQ

48 minutes ago, Applejack said:

can I join wires from the cold tap or do they have to be seprate

Since by opening any tap, its micro switch completes the circuit to operate the pump, I would think another tap fitted alongside could have its microswitch attached to the first tap's wiring.   You will need to identify the live wire and match it to the correct terminal on the new microswitch.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Just now, Jaydug said:

Since by opening any , its micro switch completes the circuit to operate the pump, I would think another tap fitted alongside could have its attached to the first tap's wiring.   You will need to identify the live wire and match it to the correct terminal on the new .

I suspect not, surely all any switch does is complete the pump's circuit to negative?

If you have not yet purchased micro-switched taps it MIGHT be worth considering going for non switched taps and a single pressure switch to operate the pump? Micro switch taps are prone to “issues” at times.

Andy

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

4 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

If you have not yet purchased micro-switched taps it MIGHT be worth considering going for non switched taps and a single pressure switch to operate the pump? Micro switch taps are prone to “issues” at times.

Andy

Andy, I am glad you put an emphasis on "might" as in my experience pressure switched water system, particularly with the lower pressures generated by submersible pumps, can have real issues of their own. IMO they better suit diaphragm pumps operating at higher pressure where the switching threshold need not be so precise. We don't know the pump type in use here.