Sign in to follow this  
llrides

P&O Ferries

Can anyone tell me if P&O still offer caravans free on their weekend sailing to either Zeebrugge or Rotterdam 

i know they used to but maybe i am living in the old times

I think they do if you book through the Caravan Club

4 minutes ago, Borussia 1900 said:

I think they do if you book through the Caravan Club

never thought of doing it that way and i am a club member

thanks for the tip

It's definitely cheaper through them, it's the reason I joined.

I have always booked through the C&CC and although a complete price breakdown has never been given, a look at sailings on different days will soon show if a caravan is transported for free at the weekend. Easy and quick to check with being able to book on-line.

I've recently booked a crossing with a car only and didn't see any difference in cost between the two clubs.

John.

Edited by John19

Yes. Its a P&O thing.

Llrides,   The P&O website is helpful - it says they did indeed have a special offer on weekend sailings running through 2019 for those who booked early by a date in February 2019.  It gave codes to use when booking.

Now whether that offer is still open for the rest of 2019, or whether it will be re opened for 2020 will mean a phone call to P&O to ask. It will help others if you could please post their answer after you have spoken to them.

Yes they do. But it's even better with the CMC and even better if you book a few nights at one of the European sites in their brochure.

We saved about £500

P&O £1000 ~

CMC ferry only £800 ~

CMC with 6 nights sites £700 ~

This was summer 2019, family of four

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we are not operating this offer at this time, however keep your eye on our offers page for the most up to date offers.

I would also like to note that by booking furthest in advance, you will get a cheaper fare.

If we can help you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us at the address below or by email at the following address:

• I do not understand 1

On 02/09/2019 at 11:08, llrides said:

Can anyone tell me if P&O still offer caravans free on their weekend sailing to either Zeebrugge or Rotterdam 

i know they used to but maybe i am living in the old times

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/overseas-holidays/book-a-crossing/ferry-offers/

This is the link to the caravan club ferry offers page. We almost always book via the club but never presume it will be cheapest and always compare with booking direct.

Savings are usually best on the Brittany Ferry France routes, as they offer caravan free crossings on many sailings, combined with sites or site vouchers.

Our saving over booking direct with BF this year was over £400.

Edited by Allan Guest

I made my 2020 ferry booking Hull > Zeebrugge > Hull yesterday by phone with the CMC.  Out on SATURDAY 9th May returning on SUNDAY 28th June. I did an online check a few minutes ago using a THURSDAY outbound & a MONDAY return.  The Sat/Sun sailings were £100 cheaper.  

For a variety of reasons we prefer the Hull/Zeebrugge/Hull route. We live in Scotland and our daughter & family live in Durham so we have a few nights at Durham Grange CMC at each end of our tour. We also consider the pleasant overnight crossing with meals and a double bedded cabin an acceptable cost and integral part of our holiday.  With a refreshing night's sleep we are ready for our first journey to Guignicourt on arrival.

We intend driving to the French Riviera with 3, 4 or 5 one night stops en route before making our way back via The Dordogne, Salbris & Guignicourt. Regards to all.

Edited by JamesLewis
Spelling error
  • Like 1

If you book through CMC and add site night vouchers the cost ends up cheaper - don't know why but it does.