Sign in to follow this  
DSJ

Johnson and Starley JB25P Mk5 Heating System

Screenshot_20190901-222325_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.f5d75d2b16eb9ac3a7f48472114a0af9.jpgHi, 

New to this. Recently inherited a static caravan with the above hot air system installed however it has been condemned. Ha e searched online for engineers but no luck and the manufacturer can't help. Caravan situated in the KA26 area if anyone knows or can point me in the right direction. 

Thanks,

DJ 

We had a domestic one and the Gas Board were the  only ones with bits...thats a long time back.

geoff

Why was the unit declared dangerous? what needs doing?

Keep The Heat On have a long list of spares for the unit you have and any LPG gas engineer should be able to sort it out, but be warned, the spares are not cheap.

However, you need to get the name correct or you will never find the parts, your system is Johnson and Starley, not Starkey.

Edited by Brecon

Our house central heating boiler (hot air) is Johnson and Starley and I can get spares from them but I would also like to know why it was condemned.

We have one (and only one) local gas servicing company that will deal with these hot air systems and we are in the LA9 area.

None of the other local gas engineers will service it - either because they are not trained or because there are too few units locally to make it worthwhile.

Wispman I have recently bought a static with the above heater and am in the LA3 area and was wondering if you could help me out with the name of the company that will help with the issues I'm having with the heater 

The company is Cumbria Gas, based in Kendal and can be contacted on 01539 725012

Or

Ring Johnson and Starley to find a service engineer in Morecambe or Lancaster..

01604 762881

Thank you for your assistance